AtoM Eee BoX

Kamcoolin

Disciple
Got this about 2 months ago .

The EeeBox PC EB1501 Desktop Computer from ASUS is a compact desktop computer. It features a "standing diamond" design that is inspired by a ballerina's pose, bringing elegance to your desktop while at the same time saving space. You can also opt to mount it to the back of an LCD display, thanks to the included 75/100mm VESA mount.

The system features an HDMI output for HDTV connectivity, and the SimHD system for HD video upscaling, making it a great choice for use as part of a home theater system. Its full-featured media player and wireless keyboard and mouse make it an ideal platform for delivering digital and Internet video to your living room.

The Eee Box manages to balance performance, size, and power consumption. A dual-core Intel Atom CPU is capable of handling most tasks, while generating less heat and consuming less power than high-end desktop CPUs. This allows the Eee Box to be small and quiet, while still providing enough processing horsepower to run multimedia, home, office, and Internet applications.

The system is powered by a dual-core 1.6GHz Intel Atom N330 CPU, and boasts 2GB of RAM, a 250GB hard drive, 802.11n Wi-Fi, and nVIDIA ION graphics. Device connectivity is achieved via 6 USB 2.0 ports and 1 eSATA port. The computer also features HDMI, VGA, and S/PDIF output functionality. The installed operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.

• The EeeBox PC EB1501 runs on the Intel Atom N330 Dual-Core processor and nVIDIA ION graphics platform and features a slot-load optical disc drive (ODD) to let you enjoy multimedia content on your LCD TV in Full HD 1080p

• Right out of the box, the EeeBox PC EB1501 sets out to challenge the traditional "watching of DVDs on an LCD TV" home entertainment concept. With HDMI-output, a slot-load optical disc drive (ODD), and the ability to play content from your own media library in Full HD, the EB1501 is set to give your current home entertainment system a run for its money

• The compact system is as small as a typical paperback novel, and can be mounted to the back of an LCD display using an optional mounting bracket

• The EB1501's modern, contemporary design is inspired by the style and grace of a ballerina. Its elegant, space saving (1.5L) "standing diamond" form factor gives it the distinction of being one of the world's smallest PCs to have a slot-in ODD; mount it on the back of an LCD monitor to save even more space and create an all-in-one PC at the same time

• The EeeBox's Total Media Center supports multiple media and codec file formats while SimHD sharpens video and scales up your DVD/SD movies from 720 x 576p to HD quality at 1280 x 720p or higher

• Big things come in small packages and the EB1501 is no exception thanks to its array of I/O ports ensuring full connectivity. HDMI and S/PDIF output ports ensure a Full HD 1080p home entertainment experience with 5.1 channel surround sound; while built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet keep you connected to your home network. Additional I/O ports include VGA, eSATA, a card reader, headphone and mic jacks, and 6 USB ports

• Thanks to Intel's energy efficient Atom processor, the E1501 gives you up to 70% in energy savings when compared to traditional desktops. ASUS' proprietary Super Hybrid Engine enhances system performance and allows the EB1501's power consumption patterns to be tailored according to your required level of performance

* Performance
* Storage and Expansion
* Input/Output
* Communications

* General

Performance

Processor
1.6GHz Intel Atom N330 Dual-Core

Cache
L2: 1MB

System Bus
533MHz

Memory
Slots: 2x SO-DIMM
Type: SO-DIMM
Installed: 2GB (2x1GB)
Capacity: 4GB

Graphics Display
nVIDIA ION

Storage and Expansion

Hard Drive
Bays: 1x
Installed: 1x 250GB 5400rpm Hard Drive
Type: SATA

Optical Drive
1x Slot-Loading SuperMulti DVD Burner

Bay Expansion
None

PCI Expansion
None

Input/Output

Ports
6x USB 2.0 (2x Front, 4x Rear)

Display
1x VGA (Rear)

Storage
1x eSATA (Rear)

Audio
1x 1/8" (3.5mm) Headphone (Front)
1x 1/8" (3.5mm) Line Out with S/PDIF (Rear)
1x 1/8" (3.5mm) Mic-In (Front)

Video
1x HDMI (Rear)

Communications

Wired
Network: 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45)
Modem: None

Wireless
Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth: None

General

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium

Electrical Requirements
AC: 120VAC
DC: 19VDC, 3.42A, 65W

Environmental Requirements
None

Dimensions (WxHxD)
7.6 x 7.6 x 1.5" (19.3 x 19.3 x 3.9cm)

Weight
2.6 lb (1.2kg)

Price : $ 465.00 +$ 29 for shipping - $494
About 23700 INR was the CC Bill i suppose.
Got it shipped to My friend,who was coming here.He missed out the stand.

Totally satisfied with the product .Plays every video i through at ,installed XBMC ,Boxee both works flawlessly.Plays full Blurays.No Noise ,damn my 4 yrs AMD PC used to make a lot of noise.Perfect for downloading machine,watching HD content on ur LCD.Comes with Remote,wireless keyboard,mouse.

DSC00960.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

nice specifications and awesome value for money. I am thinking of getting one at home for my father who uses internet very selectively and mostly basic stuff...

Thats sexy dude. Nettops are the future. I've had it with the noise and the heat that comes with the regular fat case computers.

I dont think its VFM.

Oh I would better get a samsung r528 laptop with dual core, 2GB RAM 250GB which comes with a HDMI output, for 22k and place it instead of the EEE box, and attach with this same monitor. Laptop overall uses no more then 100 volt energy as well.

And It can be used for mobility as well with a 15 inches screen in itself.

^100 volt energy? Wow you sure know your stuff! :thumb:

And, to each his own. Do not ridicule others' purchases esp. in the threads posted in this section. Please!

DSC00972.jpg

Ahh, much better now, does that box looks like it might topple over if you blew at it. No, not at all, its very stable and looks great :)

'standing balerina' hehe

Mounting it to the back of the display ? Hmm..

Desecrator said:
^100 volt energy? Wow you sure know your stuff! :thumb:
I guess i know a bit of stuff, here u find below the consumption by parts of laptop, mind it laptop uses mobile edition of CPUs which are energy effecient, and the LCD itself is a low eater:
How much power does the LCD display use?

maximum screen brightness 15w
minimum screen brightness 11w

How much power does the hard drive use?

hard drive sleeping 14w
hard drive idle 15w
hard drive defragmenting 18w

How much power does the onboard WiFi use?

wifi disabled 15w
wifi enabled 16w
wifi bandwidth test 19w

How much power does the CPU use?

cpu idle 15w
cpu running prime95 torture test 26w

And, to each his own. Do not ridicule others' purchases esp. in the threads posted in this section. Please!

Wow, oversmart. I gave my opinion about VFM coz somebody stated it. Its a discussion forum, and a public discussion forum, I wrote my idea on a particular aspect, didnt disgraced any person or object, Just pure views and possible option I consider better then the one being discussed. Where do u have a problem. But if u like to act overemotional and over-ridicule-prone, Not my problem. Please.

hi! great and clean look! congrats ! :)
wat is the max resolution you can set on the monitor? does this CPU support the monitor's native resolution?

@ net, his point was aimed at your usage of Volts instead of Watts as a measure of energy. accept it and move on :)

And yes, its not good manners to bash other people's purchases in show off. You do have a point that there are alternatives, but you could have put it across in a less abrasive manner.

And do get some perspective. whats VFM for you may not be VFM for someone else. If it were so none of us would have any trouble making purchasing decisions ;)

net said:
I guess i know a bit of stuff, here u find below the consumption by parts of laptop, mind it laptop uses mobile edition of CPUs which are energy effecient, and the LCD itself is a low eater:

There's a difference between watts and volts just in case you didn't know that as yet.

Watt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Volt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, oversmart. I gave my opinion about VFM coz somebody stated it. Its a discussion forum, and a public discussion forum, I wrote my idea on a particular aspect, didnt disgraced any person or object, Just pure views and possible option I consider better then the one being discussed. Where do u have a problem. But if u like to act overemotional and over-ridicule-prone, Not my problem. Please.

Thank you for your concern. Love being a bit oversmart esp. while b**chslapping newbies like you. :D :p

greenhorn said:
@ net, his point was aimed at your usage of Volts instead of Watts as a measure of energy. accept it and move on :)
And yes, its not good manners to bash other people's purchases in show off. You do have a point that there are alternatives, but you could have put it across in a less abrasive manner.
And do get some perspective. whats VFM for you may not be VFM for someone else. If it were so none of us would have any trouble making purchasing decisions ;)

Bro, If u feel that I have bashed anything? u r on wrong boat, I gave an opinion which not at all unappreciates the usability or image of product, I only gave my view about VFM factor, because somebody in thread said its VFM, so i wrote it isnt. If i am showing myself mannerless, then i am afraid i cant show fake manners or a character of typical exaggeration mentality.

Secondly, VFM is described by product, market and availability, not person to person. When you say VFM it comes out of comparing with options in niche.

Desecrator said:
There's a difference between watts and volts just in case you didn't know that as yet.

Watt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Volt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ah I know there is difference, And I actually quoted Volts, Its 100 volts or 80 Watts consumption.
Thank you for your concern. Love being a bit oversmart esp. while b**chslapping newbies like you. :D :p

Oh, this is what.. stopping india to become a superpower :eek:hyeah:

greenhorn said:
@ net. Looks like you still haven't grasped the concept of value. never mind :)
Please enlightenm if u have grasped. It will be really apreciated. So far i always thought Value/VFM is always regarding the current options which serve same purpose. The product i proposed serves almost double the purpose in same money and takes almost equal space on desk and almost equal power.

So again, kindly enlighten what you have got.

cooler2005 said:
hi! great and clean look! congrats ! :)
wat is the max resolution you can set on the monitor? does this CPU support the monitor's native resolution?

I think it supports native resolution.
Mine was set to 1920*1080 :)

@babhishek

I dont think its available in India as of now.I posted a query on Asus site,they tried to get back to me,however by that time i got the product from US.;)

net said:
I dont think its VFM.
Oh I would better get a samsung r528 laptop with dual core, 2GB RAM 250GB which comes with a HDMI output, for 22k and place it instead of the EEE box, and attach with this same monitor. Laptop overall uses no more then 100 volt energy as well.
And It can be used for mobility as well with a 15 inches screen in itself.

Usually laptops give out more heat as compared to this.And i dont think its a good a idea to run lappie 24hrs as a download machine.Also,there's the advantage of wireless keyboard,mouse and Remote with this.
So as per my requirements,it seemed good for me. :hap2:

Back