Audio Audio Technica ATH-M50 Doubt

I have heard a lot about these headphones from my friends but never tried one personally. As i am in a hunt for a new pair of headphones, looking forward for them. But there are some confusions which arouse when i saw the reviews. So i need some personal experiences.

1. They are studio monitor. What will actually be compromised - highs, mids or lows? Will i get a flat sound with emphasis only on clarity/mids and detailing? What will be the actual output from them?

2. Will they work fine with Sansa Clip+ , LG G2 without any amp? Or they are worthless without any amp?

3. Suggest me a best deal on them right now. I am a bit biased towards the normal M50's as they dont cost high and i am tight on my budget of under 10k.

since they are studio monitors nothing will be compromised, though they scale very good with a amp, u can run them off easily from the g2/ aswell as the clip+
flat sound means being as close to how the original recording is.. there are many bass boosted/treble boosted products.. but then all tracks will sound the same.

for that price n budget i dont think there is better, thats what made them a success in the first place, id suggest u to look at the v moda m80 but thats slightly more expensive, but if u can get these round 9, they r def worth that, look @PristineNote for a price

I had these for a while. They sounded great on my PC and mobile. Had to let them go because they were way too tight for me around the ears. I have a slightly largish head and the clamping effect these headphones had meant i was sweating within 10-15 minutes of using them.

I guess it depends upon what you feel is comfortable. I have a quite large head too but after using them for a few months, the headband became more pliable and a bit more comfortable as it loosens up slightly.
The sweatiness sorta plateau's after a certain point and i've never felt it to be uncomfortable while using the headphones over a long period of time. (i do take them off after every hour for a few minutes though).

Anyways, these might not be as comfortable as the DT-770's/880's or Bose QC3's, etc but i've been using them with Shure 840 earpads for a while now and they have reduces the sweatiness by a noticeable margin. [I've owned my pair for about 4.5 years now]
YMMV

Back