Audio Audio Technica ATH-M50X : Amplifier or Headphone Case

Nah you don't need an amp to drive m50's. Also if you do plan to get an amp you can do better than an e6. About the case I wouldn't get one for a low tier headphone. Save all this money for your next purchase or a better amp say o2.

PS: My opinions are based on m50 and not m50x. But I doubt there is much of a difference.

It doesn't need the amp and you don't need the case but if you really had to choose between them, I would say, take the amp. The headphones come with a bag anyways.

Strictly speaking it does not need an amp but with an amp you supply more power to the driver and that gives better control to the sound plus less distortion(this is different from clipping). The overall sound gains body(sounds fuller and richer) bass depth and power improves.

go for an amp if you want to fully unleash the potential of the headphone.

Look at the fiio e10k .

I've been using the M50 with an E07k and have barely heard any difference. Like vasishta.sushant said, amp's will make an almost undistinguishable difference to the sound

Getting an amp alone is not enough. You have to understand the potential of individual components in the audio chain.
M50x caliber headphone certainly does not need massive amplification but it at least deserves a better source and amp than your mobile phone(as source) and E7,E11(substandard amps). Amps such as the lower line of Fiio stuff sound even worse than todays mobile phones. You'll only achieve loudness at the expense of resolution.
Get this,unless the dac/amp/headphones complement each others technical capabilities no amount can achieve a good sound.

Back