Audio Upgrade! :)

Got my triple fi 10's recabled with the Twilight Cable.
My Initial Impression is WOW! what a difference! right away i noticed that the bass has improved and Realised the Midrange has just opened up! the stock cables sound so recessed... these dont change the signature TF10 sound but the difference is just immense / im not even pushing my itouch to the usual volume levels that i regularly listen at... these are way Better and much more Comfortable then the Stock cables. much recomended to everyone using TF10's. u will be amazed at the change. My first recable and all thanks to my gf who demo'd this and picked it up right away. Shes using them with her TF10's aswell. :hap2:
img00005201003161302.jpg

img00006201003161302.jpg

dsc00343ny.jpg

my iBasso is back from rma. awesome support from em as usual

dsc00340f.jpg

my other rig / which i use more (dont think ive posted this on here) :)

dsc00049dsk.jpg

Congrats.
BF1983 said:
Btw you would be killed on head-fi for suggested that cables make a difference in sound ! :D

Where did you get that impression?
There is a whole cable sub-forum there.
There are lots who are skeptical of cables but there are believers too.

BF1983 said:
Hey congrats. :)

Btw you would be killed on head-fi for suggested that cables make a difference in sound ! :D

lol u have no idea what ur talking about do you? Good quality cables will always give u better and more detailed sound. More then that, have u used the triple fi's? the stock build quality is weak, gets tangled and breaks easy. this is way more comfortable and much more durable.

@ titana = thanks alot bro. i was skeptical myself.. but after hearing the change.. i totally recomend any1 wanting to do a cable upgrade/ it WILL make a difference.. sometimes a whole lot of it.

@ bhullar boys - thank you! :eek:hyeah:

toxicdrift said:
Good quality cables will always give u better and more detailed sound.
Why and how good does good have to be ?
toxicdrift said:
the stock build quality is weak, gets tangled and breaks easy. this is way more comfortable and much more durable.
This is more from a practical pov, when i see the pics i see the cable you have is of a thicker gauge but its also adding to the sound isn't it.

I'm not disputing the improvement is not there, clearly you can tell the difference my Q is more with a view to understanding why its better.

^ capacitance-lower it is , less signal loss , better audio output.plus shielding and connector quality.

usually high end cable are 10-15pF per foot and it is always mentioned on the cable if you buy a spool.

@ nish = thank u! great to see a post from you bro.. been a while! :)
@ blr - how good only depends on your ears and how good of a cable your willing to buy.. there are cables worth 50$ and cables worth 600$ for the TF10's .. i wasnt willing to spend more then how much i actually got the tf10's for. for me yes there is a big difference between the stock sound and the recabled sound.. so yes i hear a 50$ diff (thats how much i paid) when i tried the cables... would i notice a 600$ diff with the more exp cable.?? i highly doubt that. coz then id haveta upgrade the rest of equipment. get a better amp + dac / change the interconnect from my itouch. get the best quality lod. which right now my funds dont permit me. head-fi is a exp hobby ... will rape your pockets dry bud. bottom line is...Im just trying to get the best sound out of my current setup, a recable provided me with a cheap and good upgrade. so yes i am verry happy and content with my current rig .... for now lol :eek:hyeah:

Lol ! Sorry for bringing up the whole cable debate ! :(

It was meant as a joke that kinda misfired. Just enjoy the cable. Its not too expensive at $50 and if you can make out a difference then that's all that matters. :)

nukeu666 said:
Congrats
try doing a blindtest and compare the difference between stock and recabled

Its a bit late to do that now isn't it ?

BF1983 said:

It was meant as a joke that kinda misfired. Just enjoy the cable. Its not too expensive at $50 and if you can make out a difference then that's all that matters. :)
Oh, you think its not possible for the cable to make a difference ?

BF1983 said:

its all good 1983/ i can understand ur take on it aswell.. but sometimes u gotta hear it to believe it :)
thanks stalker been a while bro! hope your doing good!

+ pappu! no dude u dont get gfs @ jaben! lol and good girls r hard to come by.. so dont miss out on a good one if they come along bro.. :)

il do some more listening with some different genre's this weekend. been busy.. will put up short review later.. thanks again all.

Back