Audio Audiophile and gears

rdst_1

Skilled
I am guessing its one of those hard wired ones so will need soldering, in which case even this should work by cutting off one end ?
This was the reason I was asking. If he is already gonna do some soldering, he can just buy the cable you linked to, or even just get a 3.5mm plug and wire separately and even solder that end.

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
The left and right cups have individual wires to drive them so the cable that @ibose suggested will not work because that will most probably have 3 cores (left, right and ground). Even if it did had 4 cores, the cable would have to be spit in between which will look janky. Here is what I have thought. I will buy speaker wires, some sleve, heat shrink and a 3.5mm plug. I will desolder the old cable from the speakers, solder the new cable, sleeve them, heatshrink them at the junction (the Y) so that it looks professional and solder a 3.5mm plug at the other end.

ibose

Patron
The left and right cups have individual wires to drive them so the cable that @ibose suggested will not work because that will most probably have 3 cores (left, right and ground). Even if it did had 4 cores, the cable would have to be spit in between which will look janky. Here is what I have thought. I will buy speaker wires, some sleve, heat shrink and a 3.5mm plug. I will desolder the old cable from the speakers, solder the new cable, sleeve them, heatshrink them at the junction (the Y) so that it looks professional and solder a 3.5mm plug at the other end.
Or this DIY cable (costly imho). Which headphone is this ?

rdst_1

Skilled
You can check out the cable ibose has mentioned or order this one and just cut off the 2-pin connectors and solder to your headphones. Will work out much quicker than your plan. Just check the continuity first so you know which wire is '+' and '-'.