Automatic Volume leveling in Foobar 2000

Nikhil

Skilled
I use Foobar sometimes when I go to sleep..... I just let it run till the end of the playlist.

But some tracks need a higher volume than the others and I increase the volume. But when I go lie on my bed and the next track starts, the volume is loud enough for my mom to yell through her sleep :p

Any way to make all the tracks at the volume level ??

Add all tracks to the playlist. Right-click > replaygain > scan selection as albums (by tags)....wait.....wait.......update.

Then, in preferences > playback, check that "processing" is set to "Aplly gain and prevent clipping according to peak"

Ok... I keep feeling that the overall volume has gone down drastically....

there are times when I want my ears to bleed but even with max volume on my speakers, they dont....

This is very very funny...coz max volume on my Megaworks 5.1 is very very loud.

Can you tell me how to reverse this ??

Your ears "bleeding out" is when the sound is clipping. Not a good thing. :no: Replaygain prevents clipping. If you still want to ruin your hearing, in preferences > playback > set processing to just "apply gain". It still won't be the same as before, though. For that, you'll need to turn off replaygain.

Wait.... what I mean by ears bleeding is that I want to listen to music at a higher volume.

You aresaying that earlier, the sound quality wasnt that great but after doing what you told me to in this thread, I improved the sound quality ??

I just want a higher volume.

I had added some new tracks to the playlist and while they were playing, I repeated the process

"dd all tracks to the playlist. Right-click > replaygain > scan selection as albums (by tags)....wait.....wait.......update.

Then, in preferences > playback, check that "processing" is set to "Aplly gain and prevent clipping according to peak""

And the volume instantly decreased.

Now, I want higher volume.... HOW? ?

You mean set processing to NONE ??

And what abt the sound quality ??It will be same as with apply gain and prevent clipping thingy ??

Back