Availability and questions on SE Xperia Arc

Hi guys,

Have been on the lookout for options for upgrading my HTC Legend with a new phone. First, like everyone was keen on the newest dual core phones but with a budget of 28k. Hence was keenly following the LG O2X and even had checked in couple of stores about its availability. But since it was/is yet to be available in retail stores and after researching online and in this forum about the various software and volume issues with O2X, decided not to go for it.

Having used the Legend for more than one year, was immediately attracted by the HTC Incredible S. But again for that price, it didn't seem to offer anything new for me, hardware or even software wise(no sense 3.0 even). Finally saw the SE Xperia arc.. Though have never used a SE phone before, but having heard of horror stories about lack of updates for X10 was vary of the phone. But after seeing it, I'm in love with it :) Awesome screen, acres of real estate (compared to Legend) and killer cam made me finalize that this would be my new phone. But then comes the blow. Checked in most of the stores in Bangalore and no one except Croma (29.4K !!) has it in stock. Sony world people said that it'd be available by the end of this month.

My question to any current owners is how good is the phone? My wife had a SE phone before and its keypad quality was horrible with the numbers and joypad chipping out.. I'm worried whether the android hard keys would suffer the same with the Arc.. Also the phone though very light, does not give the confidence that my Legend gives of solidity.. 3.5" jack position and small power and camera shutter key is also an issue, but something that I can live with. Also how is the audio quality and the headphones supplied in the box and does it come with HDMI cable in the box?

Thanks for reading this long post/query and thanks in advance for any help..

Frankly, I really am not a big fan of Sony-Ericsson Android phones for their built quality. I feel that despite of the price tag, Arc feels plasticy. But then it's just my opinion. HTC phones have best built quality. Have you considered HTC Sensation? It is expected to be tagged 30k.

Loads of plastic and an average UI layer aside , it is a decent phone. Camera is damn nice (not close to the N8s though). Expensive for a single core device.

Optimus 2x is now available in stores for around 27k and is defo a better deal. From what i've been told , the SGSII should land for about 28k street price , you might as well wait a bit.

Thanks guys..

@dhruvrock2000: which retail store has it? I checked in Croma and they said its not available.. Even in flipkart or letsbuy its not listed.. Also the LG India website lists it as 'coming soon' with a recommended price of 26999/-

dhruvrock2000 said:
Loads of plastic and an average UI layer aside , it is a decent phone. Camera is damn nice (not close to the N8s though). Expensive for a single core device.

Optimus 2x is now available in stores for around 27k and is defo a better deal. From what i've been told , the SGSII should land for about 28k street price , you might as well wait a bit.

Back