AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Beta version

Source: Grisoft

AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall
AVG Anti-Virus provides advanced virus detection methods and components including heuristic analysis, generic detection, scanning, and integrity checking. The new firewall is an integral component of AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall and is accessible via the AVG Control Center. Safeguarding the computer on which it is installed, the firewall helps to maintain privacy and protects personal identifiable information from being sent from your computer without your permission.

AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Features

Hides your computer completely before the eyes of the Internet predators
Configuration wizard upon setup creates all rules automatically
Manual Firewall configuration via an easy-to-handle dialog environment
User friendly
Automatic high-speed updates
Low demand on system resources maximizes performance
Supported platforms are Win 98/Me/NT/2000/XP

This is a Beta version of AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall. The installation and use of this Beta version may cause unexpected results. GRISOFT s.r.o. or any subsidiary of GRISOFT s.r.o. will not be held responsible for data loss, or any computer problems resulting from the use of this Beta version.

Licensing
AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Beta version comes with a predefined license number. This number expires on June 15th 2005. The license number is contained within the installation package.

More Info HERE

it is a good software. i had used for sometime before. around a year back. in the version i used it dint detect the virus unless u actually ran the file & the popup came. i mean if i browse to a folder which has a virus it dint say or show a popup unless i ran the file.

so i switched to Nod32 Antivirus & is 1 of the best antivirus out there, beats the shit out of norton & mcaffee.

maybe the new version has fixed that prob i mentioned then avg also will be great.

This is the first time I have heard of that with using AVG. I have used it for a few years now and haven't had any problems with it. (other than updates uploading a bit slow)

Back