Budget 0-20k B550 motherboard suggestions - Budget 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requirements: Good VRM design and decent OCing ability on B550 chipset.

Brand: Gigabyte/MSI or other other if it's VFM.

PS: I am getting MSI B450 Carbon Wifi Max for 15k but I am hesitant to spend 15k on B450 chipset if I can get decent B550 board.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

I never considered MSI because I've read some bad experiences from people who had to deal with their RMA.

My Brother in law bought MSI Gaming pro carbon max wifi for 13600/- on 21st. Processor is 3300x (11500/-) and RAM is trident z rgb 8GB (3500/-) Earlier he was looking to buy all the components online but the pricing was absurd everywhere. Finally he bought everything locally and got better pricing.

My Brother in law bought MSI Gaming pro carbon max wifi for 13600/- on 21st. Processor is 3300x (11500/-) and RAM is trident z rgb 8GB (3500/-) Earlier he was looking to buy all the components online but the pricing was absurd everywhere. Finally he bought everything locally and got better pricing.
From where

I have B550 Elite myself but I'd have picked Pro if it was available at the time.

I have bought B550 Auros pro and installed everything just now, CPU and RAM leds go away and now the VGA led is staying on and not moving ahead :(

I checked online and there is a bios update F3 which improves PCIEx16 compatibility , can you help me do that using QFlash plus usb drive? I tried it but can’t find the LED indicator.
If possible please pm me your number and I will call you dear!

I have bought B550 Auros pro and installed everything just now, CPU and RAM leds go away and now the VGA led is staying on and not moving ahead :(

I checked online and there is a bios update F3 which improves PCIEx16 compatibility , can you help me do that using QFlash plus usb drive? I tried it but can’t find the LED indicator.
If possible please pm me your number and I will call you dear!
1. Is there no display at all? If you don't have display then I don't know the way to flash the BIOS without it.

2. Which graphics card do you have connected to the motherboard? Are you sure it is not GPU issue?

3. You'll have to download the QFlash file from Gigabyte website and follow the readme file to know which files to rename and copy to pendrive.

4. Plug in the pendrive to QFlash USB port and go to BIOS to flash the new BIOS.

In Metro Cities/Online - all Pirates (sellers) just want to cover all damaged done by CORONA to be settled in 2 months .. thus set high price for all H/W.

I went back to my local shop from where I bought B550 Auros pro as they were building few 3700x new pcs.

Both boards worked fine:
MSI B450 PRO VDH MAX
GIGABYTE B550 AUROS PRO

Both RAM sticks worked fine

Then came the least expected 3300x - gave no display while 3700x worked fine.

So moral of the story, going to RMA my processor now

Is the 3300x DOA or is it a bios incompatibility issue? As in the board needs an upgrade before it will work?

B550 boards launched after the release of the 3100/3300x so ideally they should've shipped with support for them right out of the box, DOA CPU's are very rare but not unheard of.

Is the 3300x DOA or is it a bios incompatibility issue? As in the board needs an upgrade before it will work?
3300x worked fine for over a month on MSI B450M PRO VDH MAX and suddenly started restarting and now not booting.

Gigabyte Auros Pro B550 came shipped with F1 bios which supports quite a few processors out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back