CPU/Mobo B550/x570 motherboards

r4hul

Adept
So finally i got my hands on 3900x. Looking to buy any mini-itx motherbaord. However, while searching online i came to conclusion that x570/B550 motherboards will be one off i.e. ryzen 5000 series will be the last supported cpu. If that is true then B450/x470 is good choice as it will will be cheap and still support ryzen 5000 series. What do you guys think?
Motherboard in consideration :- MSI B450I Gaming Plus and Gigabyte B550I Aorus pro.

Last edited:
So finally i got my hands on 3900x. Looking to buy any mini-itx motherbaord. However, while searching online i came to conclusion that x570/B550 motherboards will be one off i.e. ryzen 5000 series will be the last supported cpu. If that is true then B450/x470 is good choice as it will will be cheap and still support ryzen 5000 series. What do you guys think?
Motherboard in consideration :- MSI B450I Gaming Plus and Gigabyte B550I Aorus pro.
get the MSI B450 Tomahawk max or MSI B450 Tomahawk max II and save the money. great thermals and support. I personally have both MSI B450 Tomahawk max and MSI X570 Tomahawk max. they are great boards.

get the MSI B450 Tomahawk max or MSI B450 Tomahawk max II and save the money. great thermals and support. I personally have both MSI B450 Tomahawk max and MSI X570 Tomahawk max. they are great boards.
Thanks for the suggestion but i have moved to SFF builds. Thats why looking for the I motherboards.

You can look into these two options, ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac & Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI. Other than these there aren't many other options available. Please keep in mind that these board don't support PCIE 4 & B550 boards generally have better VRM.
Pcie 4 is a gimmick right now. Plus I'm not that wealthy to buy a Gen4 ssd .
Gigabyte b450i doesn't have a good vrm and the same kinda goes for fatality board.
I bought the msi b450i cos it has one of the best vrams.

Last edited:
Pcie 4 is a gimmick right now. Plus I'm not that wealthy to buy a Gen4 sad .
Gigabyte b450i doesn't have a good vrm and the same kinda goes for fatality board.
I bought the msi b450i cos it has one of the best crams.
Where did you get it from & for how much?

B550 mobos have all issues from b450 fixed hence it is wise to opt for a b550.
If at all you prefer b450 then look no other than asus or an msi and gigabyte comes bundled with lots of issues.

@DanteErodov I went to sp road Bangalore.
However, if you want to buy online then below are the link for msi b450i and gigabyte b550i. Both were chosen for having a good vrm without breaking a bank.
Msi b450i
Gigabyte b550i
B550 mobos have all issues from b450 fixed hence it is wise to opt for a b550.
If at all you prefer b450 then look no other than asus or an msi and gigabyte comes bundled with lots of issues.
In my opinion b350 were premature, b450 matured a lot and b550 are like b450 but with new features like Gen4 pcie and usb c but with high price tax.

Back