B650 recommendations

Blue^_^

Patron
Looking for B650 motherboard recommendations under 20k. Going to use a Ryzen 5 7600. Also open to suggestions for b650m it it's offering better value.

Stable bios and good qc are important.

Asrock B650 PG Lightning is one of the best mobo under 20K.
But it's right now out of stock in most websites, you can try looking for it online
Last time I saw it on mdcomputers, it was around 17k.

before buying any brand motherboard here in India, just take care to check their after sales service here in India. Do not buy any that have good reputation or good after sales service Out Of India.

But it's right now out of stock in most websites, you can try looking for it online
Yeah it has been out of stock for a while and I doubt it will come back anytime soon

same issue with hdv/m.2
before buying any brand motherboard here in India, just take care to check their after sales service here in India. Do not buy any that have good reputation or good after sales service Out Of India.
apparently none of the manufacturers have a good aftersales service in india lol

Cheapest I could find is going for 21K now. Doesn't seem worth overpaying that much if one was available for 17k earlier though.

Also open to suggestions for b650m it it's offering better value.
I'd say do some research checking reddit etc. and go for b650m. Difference between mATX and full ATX price wise is like double so b650m is definitely better value here.

apparently none of the manufacturers have a good aftersales service in india lol
Exactly. lol

Cheapest I could find is going for 21K now. Doesn't seem worth overpaying that much if one was available for 17k earlier though.

I'd say do some research checking reddit etc. and go for b650m. Difference between mATX and full ATX price wise is like double so b650m is definitely better value here.

Exactly. lol
yeah I searched around a lot and aorus elite ax seems to be the best option so far, but apparently gigabyte india never has stock for them and takes 3x the time to rma than their other boards lmao

yeah I searched around a lot and aorus elite ax seems to be the best option so far, but apparently gigabyte india never has stock for them and takes 3x the time to rma than their other boards lmao
MSI Pro B650M-A WIFI

You can check out this board as well
It was also recommended by Hardware unboxed along with the HDV

I bought MSI Pro B650-S wifi , it cost me 14500 along with 7600x and trident 6000mhz ram from computech and I believe it's really good.

If you're looking at MSI Pro B650M-A WiFi, just know that it is m-atx size, more expensive and relatively less in features when comparing to the MSI Pro B650-S wifi

Last edited:
MSI Pro B650-S wifi
Well, this board is quite similar to Pro B650M-A
Just the Pro B650M-A has a better vrm.
You can still go for Pro B650-S wifi, as long as you aren't going to run any 16 core cpus with overclock.
Just check once if it has all the ports and connectors you need.

I bought MSI Pro B650-S wifi , it cost me 14500 along with 7600x and trident 6000mhz ram from computech and I believe it's really good.

If you're looking at MSI Pro B650M-A WiFi, just know that it is m-atx size, more expensive and relatively less in features when comparing to the MSI Pro B650-S wifi
Which GPU are you using? Apparently some people reported that it doesn't support all the AMD cards, and mine isn't listed in their compatibility page either (7900 GRE)

Report: https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanada/s/PaQue2Br05

Which GPU are you using? Apparently some people reported that it doesn't support all the AMD cards, and mine isn't listed in their compatibility page either (7900 GRE)

I don't see any reasons why it won't support a new gpu. It might have been some old bios issue. You can also see in the comments, someone has said that 7800XT worked for them, even though it's not listen to msi website.

I don't see any reasons why it won't support a new gpu. It might have been some old bios issue. You can also see in the comments, someone has said that 7800XT worked for them, even though it's not listen to msi website.
I'll take the bite and go for b650 a wifi then. The bios seems stable and it has more ports. Thanks for all the help O7

one month is common in India for motherboard RMA, I myself victim of Intel original Board in early 2000 (they didn't send IO panel, they may expect me to make IO panel that match to board !!!), my friend's MSI Board developed some issue just in a week after purchase and need to wait for 1 month before same board repaired and send to him from Delhi to Mumbai via MSI.

one month is common in India for motherboard RMA, I myself victim of Intel original Board in early 2000 (they didn't send IO panel, they may expect me to make IO panel that match to board !!!), my friend's MSI Board developed some issue just in a week after purchase and need to wait for 1 month before same board repaired and send to him from Delhi to Mumbai via MSI.
Lmao yeah I have only heard horror stories of RMA for all the motherboard manufacturers in India

Lmao yeah I have only heard horror stories of RMA for all the motherboard manufacturers in India
I have an Asrock RMA post here on TE https://techenclave.com/threads/rma-asrock-motherboard-rma-experience.217809/#post-2502158. They have been good. Avoid Asus (goes without saying) and MSI. MSI however can be good if you bought it offline in a tier 1 city.

Burn damage, no matter who is at fault voids the warranty immediately that's why buying expensive motherboards for personal use (in India) doesn't make sense. The warranty policy is biased towards the manufacturer.

Antec India is a scam (not related to Mobo just a PSA), they have zero warranty (however if you are lucky and the importer/offline shop is still in business, they could help you with the warranty but Antec itself has none)

Avoid anything Asus. Period. If you find ASUS branded condoms, expect it to have holes and when you point it out, they will claim customer-induced damage, if you still make a fuss about it, they will claim it's a feature.

Gigabyte is OKish. Bought two mobos just to test their service (one of them is in active use [Context: https://techenclave.com/threads/rca-msi-b450-pro-vdh-max-ic-shorted-itself.221942/#post-2548857] , the other one is a spare while they F*** me during the RMA process)

And the guy in the govt who came up with the plan to ban Aliexpress so that Local scam businesses can import the same stuff from China, mark it up, and sell it as "Assembled in India/Made in India" just cuz they changed the boxing deserves to be pissed on. And to all the haters of China, everything is made in China or Taiwan, deal with it. I would rather get scammed out of INR 2000 over some cool Chinese motherboard than an INR 20000 MSI motherboard with 3-year warranty (made in China ofc).

Last edited:

I run a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ 6600 XT

after fitting the mobo I did flash bios to latest version released on 9th oct iirc

As I can see on their website the motherboard supports 7900 XTX, so I see no reason for it to not support 7900 GRE

Back