PC Peripherals bad caps on an asus board

Blade_Runner said:
Vicky, the Inq report is prolly BS and its dated 2002 Chk this out

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards/display/20050708174700.html

Dated: 7/8/2005

Hmmmmn lot of confusion ,,now this can be only solved by the company share reports or by shooting a mail off to asus or asrock,, i did email asrock america and global lets see , what they respond?

and dude ,,, >>>>>>>call me ;) me VIKING :tongue: :bleh: .. okay dude and atleast got something great in that report .......

atleast my search for good quality low cost boards will be answered by their omega serious"""HOPE SO"""

fingers crossed:S

Darklord said:
Well there are many reasons why it can be said that it is an Asus subsidiary.

Think,Asrock does NOT have any boards based on high end chipsets like NF4 Ultra,SLI,945,955,925....
Now dont tell me they cant make it or are not technically that superior.Their USP is low end.BUT if it was an entirely different entity, who wouldnt like to earn a few extra dollars out of high end boards ?

Anyways this is my thinking.If you dont believe me, check out Asrock and Asus mobo line up,very very few models compete each other,think about it.

well it could even be that still there is some agreement binding, them both from the days of inception,, that they each other would not cannabilize into the product lines of each other respectively,,Thus asrock aint getting into that market segment due to legal compulsions or as u said low end is their USP,, like blueberry in mobiles(they never come up with any camera fones)
,,,,,,THEY just dont want to dilute their market share or take unnecessary risks..

But even u cud be right ,i dont deny that point, but why has not asus come big time on this,,, bragging about it or smthin ????,, well whatsoever whosoever owns asrock lemme tell ya ,,few years down the line they are going to be popular in low end markets like india,russia and china,,

as very few ppl outta here(india) are computer enthusiasts, and this ppl (asrock) get the same work done with an innovative twist??:)

howsoever even via has come up with various low end options, but never really clicked ?

High end mobo requires some serious R&D, infact if you noticed ECS only recently entered the highe end market by offering Crossfire mobos. Also if Asrock is a 100% Subsidary, why does Asus yet have low end mobos like A7n266, A7v8x etc....

Asus have very clearly distanced themselves from Asrock and have stated numerous times that they have nothing to do with them. Asrock is clearly trying to ride on the Asus brand name to promote its products.

Crazy_Eddy said:
Asus have very clearly distanced themselves from Asrock and have stated numerous times that they have nothing to do with them. Asrock is clearly trying to ride on the Asus brand name to promote its products.

crazy hav u got any black and white proof, plzz post it over, as i have searched the google for quite sometime , but aint getting anything significant, or somethin that will put a "nail to the coffin"....Kinda stuff

Asrock inc is a subsidary / part of asustek group of co's.

Asuspower Corporation, Asrock Inc. and Asusalpha Computer Inc. are all included in the sale reports / balance sheet of asustek.

This is there on their website at the investor info. page.
see *others in the sales report.

http://www.asus.com.tw/aboutasus.aspx?show=2

for detailed info. try the Taipei stock exchange website.

dude we are not debating that ,but howmuch is the subsidiary under control, is it

100 percent or the asus interest has been diluted , eno, so that it does, or aint

able to call the shots in the company mangement, that is what we wanna know, is

asrock fully under asus control or only asus owns a few share percentage in it?

hmmn , so today i got a mail from asrock and it says: "Yes, ASRock is subsidiary of ASUS and we are 100% own by ASUS. Hope this well help ! !"

so darky and tech head u guys are right

Back