Audio Bad Edifier C3?

m0h1t

drinks like a fish
Patron
Hey guys (sigh)..
I bought my C3 a month ago, from that day onwards I've felt that something was wrong with my piece.
Firstly I feel volume output is less, I usually have it at 30/60 while sitting infront of them, but when I spoke to Anish (BackToExistance) he said "27 is unbearable if I sit in front of the comp".

ref :
http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/...ml#post1089306
Secondly when I increase the volume to max(60), there is lot of distortion/noise, like speaker phat gae hon. I cant recollect if this issue was there in the beginnning or not, but I'm pretty sure of it now.

..And as soon as the distortion kicks in all led's in the amp flicker a few times. Within a couple of second the volume output automatically decreases eliminating the noise/distortion though the amp still show's 60.
Now if I reduce the volume to 30/60 I can barely hear anything. Within the next ~30 seconds the volume output slowly starts to increase on its own.

Same result with all of these - PC (Realtek ACL888 onboard), Nokia N81, Creative ZVM 30GB

Volume level is max on all 3 of them.
what say?

you mean sound coming from microphone? ..attached to ur pc or a karaoke plugged into the amp?

Also did you try rma?

have you tried attaching a different set of speakers ? Check if you are facing the same issue with different speakers.

Where is the remote of C3?. Remove the battery, maybe something is stuck on the remote itself. (I know its stupidity to check that, but just trying to eliminate possibilities :p)

Also, check with a soundcard if any of your friends have.

Update your onboard audio drivers.

not too sure but this could be a problem with the E.I.D.C system (Electronic-Intelligent-Distortion-Control) of the Edifier C3.

show it to the dealer you bought it from and try for a RMA..:)

|Anish| said:
have you tried attaching a different set of speakers ? Check if you are facing the same issue with different speakers.

Where is the remote of C3?. Remove the battery, maybe something is stuck on the remote itself. (I know its stupidity to check that, but just trying to eliminate possibilities :p)

Also, check with a soundcard if any of your friends have.

Update your onboard audio drivers.

I dont have any other speakers, though my old creative 4.1 which I sold off a week ago were running on the same setup.

There was no such issue with them regardless of source.

Yea the remote thing didn't help :p tried via the knob aswell

Onboard chip/soundcard shouldn't matter cuz the same issue is there regardless of source. I've tested with N81, N95, Creative Zen Vision M.

My creative zvm has a microphone with sound level indicator, so I can actually see the volume slowly increasing from barely audible.

nah, didnt have time while buying.

Even if I had the time, there was way too much noise from the street for me to make out anything.

The distributor recommended me the shop. I guess it shouldn't be super difficult to get the rma done..

@Faheem - thnx for the headsup..

@sumchamp - so, have you spoken to anyone about the issue yet?

Does anyone have any other comments/suggestion? I'll be speaking with the distributor tomorrow.

So the auto volume reduction happening at full volume is definitely being caused by EIDC (Electronic-Intelligent-Distortion-Control).

The 2 led flicker is an indicator of the EIDC kicking in.

EIDC should only remove the distortion, why does it lower the volume significantly? or is that like a side effect without which the distortion cannot be removed?

Does EIDC usually function like this?

It sounds like an input/output overload detector, and yes, things like this work by reducing the output of the amp (or the input) to keep distortion in check. While it is entirely possible that your needs for volume are more extreme and our room larger than others (sub-sats don't function well in large spaces), I would first seek a replacement and take it from there.

13 years and they’re still working fine. I think I should replace these. Any recommendations for 2.0 setup with enough bass around 10-15k?

Back