Badly affected by "youradexchange" adware/malware

moshel

Adept
Hi guys

Since yesterday I have been affected by "youradexchange" adware/malware (whatever it is called) on my PC (Win 7) and Nexus 7 (2012 running CM 11)

On my PC it randomly opens up a new window...the address line starts with ad.addsmatte...... and it further redirects to youradexchange.com. However, on PC it seems limited to Firefox only. cleared cache, temp files, ran antivirus, spyware, malware. Even "refreshed" firefox from troubleshooting link. But this problem persists.

On my tablet its even worse. I am not able to open any website. Any website I try to open, it directs me to above site. This is across all browsers on the tablet (even new ones that I download).

Checked online but no help received for the problem in android.

Please help guys!

Thanks
Moshel

Thanks @bigb123, had tried both Adwcleaner and JRT yesterday. But the problem persisted. Opened today morning and ran those again as you suggested. Also downloaded Malwarebyte's Antimalware.

Checked now, the problem still remains. I also followed the manual method of removal - checking programs, registry etc. but there are no traces anywhere to be found.

Also, any idea what to do about the issue on Nexus 7. I am not able to find any information/solution. Also the Malwarebyte's Antimalware is not able to find it.

Update: Malwarebyte's Antimalware on PC was also not able to find anything.

Last edited:
what router do you have. make sure it is secured on wi-fi especially.
There are these ad virus/malware spreading through unsecured router from pc to phone/tablets.

run ad cleaner & anti virus programs in safe mode on pc.
try cleaning phone using mobile versions.

Mine had the same issues. i changed router and wifi password and cleaned my phone and it went away.

Came across this comment from one of the websites that give instructions to remove this infection.
I tried all of these tips and none worked, BUT... Today I became suspicious that the virus had installed a network proxy that was overlaying a hidden window on the browser (Chrome). Went to Internet Settings/Lan settings and unchecked "Automatically detect settings" and BOOM. It's gone. And my browsing speed is back.

Internet Settings can be found in Chome's "Settings" or IE's "Internet Options." In Firefox it's Options/Advanced/Network/Connections. Hope this helps someone.
You could maybe try this.[DOUBLEPOST=1431927035][/DOUBLEPOST]Source: Comment on this page: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/youradexchange-com-removal/

Came across this comment from one of the websites that give instructions to remove this infection.

You could maybe try this.[DOUBLEPOST=1431927035][/DOUBLEPOST]Source: Comment on this page: http://malwaretips.com/blogs/youradexchange-com-removal/

This worked!!! Thank you very much for pointing it out to me.

On firefox, "Use System Proxy Settings" was selected. I changed it to "No Proxy" and problem solved.

Tried to look for similar setting on the Tablet too but couldn't find it. So the problem remains. I am thinking of backing it up and reseting it.

@bigb123...I use Avast Antivirus.

I jumped the gun there, got too excited. The problem is still there. Next steps I took, reset the router and reset the internet options from control panel. No change. Today I will try by uninstalling firefox completely.

Also on the tablet, the problem was with the Browser, Chrome and Firefox applications. But curiously not with UCBrowser.

@Mechanic I will try the suggested Antivirus softwares.

Many a times adwares/malwares changes the extension of your browser landing you to such ad pages
Awesomehp.com-shortcut-removal.png

I have faced such issue earlier

I jumped the gun there, got too excited. The problem is still there. Next steps I took, reset the router and reset the internet options from control panel. No change. Today I will try by uninstalling firefox completely.

Also on the tablet, the problem was with the Browser, Chrome and Firefox applications. But curiously not with UCBrowser.

@Mechanic I will try the suggested Antivirus softwares.

Found a tutorial specific to your case
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/youradexchange-com-removal/

Now about your Tablet,
are you rooted?
The Malware must have silently installed itself over adb when you connected it to your already infected pc, gained superuser rights and added an entry to the hosts file.

Go to your Device recovery
and select "factory reset" that should work.
If not, then you'd have to re-install the rom you're on.

Last edited:
Ok here's the update for the record....
using the zoeek software seemed to work on the PC. Been using since 2 weeks now, till now there is not a single popup.
The tablet was reset from recovery and it is fine now.

Oddly a couple of days back, the browser on my windows phone Lumia 620 started to forward to youradexchange. I deleted the internet history and it hasn't returned.

I was starting to think that maybe BSNL has to do something with this. I do have a 2G connection on the phone but when I am home, it is on Wi-Fi. This problem happened when I was home on Wi-fi.

Thanks for the help!

I Started getting "tradeexchange/ youradexchange" and some weird popups on my PC/Laptop/Windows Lumia Phone/Android Tab and Android phone like a month ago. i have paid antivirus McAfee and ESET NOD32 and Malwarebytes premium anti malware. i have BSNL Broadband with Wifi. Did Reset to my Router+changed password. I formatted and re-installed OS. Even used many other Anti-Malwares like Adwcleaner, but of no use. i suffered from this for almost a month. then as suggested here i changed Network setting to "No Proxy". And it worked.!!!!. For Tab and phone just deleted browsing history. It has to do something with BSNL. Thanks to all for their valuable comments!!

Install spyhunter and scan and remove.
Restart.
Spyhunter is available for free or you can try once for kickass torrents

Caution: I do not promote piracy but for rather such situations it's not wise to buy a program.

[emoji6]After you finish removing adware delete the program or support developer by buying it.

For a more longterm solution you can buy Malwarebytes.

I had this problem sometime back. the 'no proxy' trick worked.
Bough malwarebytes lifetime license. this and MSE and I have never had any more infections.

as i read this, i am starting to think if it's something to do with bsnl broadband/router!!? back at my parents' place , it is a frustrating experience with browsing because of redirects. even my healthy phone starts behaving bad on this wifi. making it almost impossible to browse. once i am on phone's net, it stabilizes. got the router reset once but no use.

its not bsnl specific. its with default modem routers given by isp's which are affected. mine is airtel connection , beetel .

Back