Laptops Bangalore: Where to get my Dell laptop serviced?

avi

Skilled
I have Dell XPS L501x. I want to have my laptop serviced. It was done two years ago, in 2012, by dell, under warranty. It's overheating and I know there's lots of dust has accumulated. Due to my heavy usage I am sure even thermal compound also has wore off.

So basically I want to have its fans, vents cleaned and apply new thermal paste. I dont know whether I should replace heat sink or not.

I thought of doing it myself, even opened half the laptop, but chickened out :p

So where do I get it serviced? Any recommendations?

Or TE expert can help a brother out? Of course I will pay you :)

I used to get mine serviced from a local laptop repairman until one day when no amount of cleaning or thermal paste could stop it from overheating. You can probably do it yourself or find a repairman to do it for you. It is very easy though, so I would suggest you give it a go.

I used to get mine serviced from a local laptop repairman until one day when no amount of cleaning or thermal paste could stop it from overheating. You can probably do it yourself or find a repairman to do it for you. It is very easy though, so I would suggest you give it a go.
The nearby ones I found have no idea when I was asking about thermal paste etc

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Dell XPS L501x. I want to have my laptop serviced. It was done two years ago, in 2012, by dell, under warranty. It's overheating and I know there's lots of dust has accumulated. Due to my heavy usage I am sure even thermal compound also has wore off.

So basically I want to have its fans, vents cleaned and apply new thermal paste. I dont know whether I should replace heat sink or not.

I thought of doing it myself, even opened half the laptop, but chickened out :p

So where do I get it serviced? Any recommendations?

Or TE expert can help a brother out? Of course I will pay you :)

SP road has a couple of places where they fix laptops. You can try there.

If it's just the dust that you want removed, open it. Make a recording while you're opening it so that you can easily put it back later on.

May also want to invest in a laptop cooler...it does bring down the temp by a few degrees.

Let me know if you find any lead

Have a laptop cooler already. Not just dust, even thermal paste also needs to be replaced.

I was told NOT to go at S P Road for servicing, but only for sales.

Don't leave your laptop there. Tell them you want to watch them fix your laptop.

http://www.justdial.com/Bangalore/L...-P-Road/080PXX80-XX80-090522124341-R4J3_BZDET

Friend had gone there when the motherboard on his Sony laptop conked. He paid them an advance since they had to source the motherboard. He came back with the laptop and they fixed it in front of him. This was a year ago so proceed at your own risk.

South End circle is like five mins from me, so I that'd be great.

btw do they do servicing infront of me or not?

One of the best laptop repair tech in Bangalore is a TE member, with expertise even on motherboard chip level rapair and BGA IC replacement. That is why i asked you to post in this section as he sometimes visits and replies here. You can contact him here:

VTec Computers
1/1, 2nd Floor, 3rd Cross, Rahamathnagar,
R T Nagar Main Road, Opp: CORAL TREE Hotel, Bangalore-560032.
Mo: +91-9986055192/ 8553000302
Ph: 080-23536965/66
http://www.lappyrepair.com/home.html

South End circle is like five mins from me, so I that'd be great.

btw do they do servicing infront of me or not?
If you want to be there then i guess it wont be a problem. When i went there, I saw like 4-5 techs doing repair stuff. Seems legit, do check it out.

Heard that @avi got his laptop serviced at vteccomp, even i visited the place few days back as my Sony Vaio was dying due to broken fan, dried up thermal paste and broken plastic body of the hinge, everything was fixed, very good service by @VtecComp

Listing his another shop address which is located in Mathikere and now he sits here, though he can get laptop picked up from any part of the Bangalore for very reasonable 100 rupees:

Ace Technologies
#21, Ramachandra Arcade, 1st Floor, 1st Cross, MSRE college road,
Mathikere, Bangalore.
Phone: 9986055192/8553000302
http://www.lappyrepair.com/home.html

Oops, I forgot to update this thread. And yes, I did get my laptop serviced from AceT. Happy with it so far! He charged only 1200 INR :)

he used a generic brand thermal paste, not Arctic. Not sure how it will fair, but I took his word for it.

btw many thanks to @RS4 for reco.

Back