Basic Android phone. Budget 10K.

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 10K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Regular snapper would do. Have a DSLR on me, all the time.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Social networking, music, internet and playing games like poker. I always have my iPad on me for games. So I do most of my social networking on the pad, but I can't carry it to parties and the loo :unsure:

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: None

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Explorer, LG L3 E400, Karbonn A9 & Spice 425 (Don't know when tipo and miro will be launched and at what price.)

Only 2 points for you all to consider before suggesting a phone here:

1. Battery back-up
2. Resale value

Reason I'm buying a basic phone right now is because I'm waiting for the launch of iPhone5. I've got the money to buy iPhone5. So I thought i would try out Android till then. If iPhone disappoints, then I'll sell of this phone and get a high-end Android. You see, I don't wanna burn my pockets buy buying a high-end android phone and selling it off cheap.

So help me please.:hail: I have to buy a phone by the end of this weekend. Let me know if there's anything worth waiting for. And also, let me know where can I buy whatever phone you suggest, for lowest price possible.

i remember some member saying he had the same requirements and a shopkeeper asked him to wait for a few weeks for some new launches from samsung in 10k price range. although i don't see any official news from samsung about the same

sandeepsachin The OP has mentioned hes going to buy this weekend, else I would recommend to wait for Sony tipo

jaidonmitchell The galaxy Y is at the bottom of the pyramid if you compare feature wise, the Explorer is way ahead of all other good brand offerings within 11K range.
The A5 proc on Explorer has a better GPU and can play flash content in comparison to the old proc on the galaxy Y.

creative420 The karbonn and Spice offer better VFM than HTC but at the cost of quality, its a matter of personal choice.

Since you already have a DSLR and Ipad then get the HTC Explorer for ~8k. Has decent features for the price.
Considering that its a HTC it will have a better resale value than the rest of the bunch.

Explorer from tradus.in for 8K or from ebay with the 5 % off coupon for ~8.1K
Fast delivery - flipkart 9K

It's available for 8K on Tradus and buytheprice. Which one will deliver faster of these two? And which one is more credible? I don't wanna pay extra grand to flipkart. If it takes a day or two more...no problem. Also...when is this Tipo phone launching? Is it up for pre-order anywhere?

i remember some member saying he had the same requirements and a shopkeeper asked him to wait for a few weeks for some new launches from samsung in 10k price range. although i don't see any official news from samsung about the same

I don't mind waiting for a week or ten days for an exceptional phone.

There are lots of android phone with in 10k price like Samsung Galaxy Y, HTC Explorer, Motorola Defy Mini, HTC Wildfire, Motorola Fire XT but I think Samsung galaxy Y is the best and cheapest than the another android phone. It is good features like 2 mega pixel camera, 830 MHz ARMv6 processor, Android OS and v2.3.5 (Gingerbread), 3.0 inches and TFT capacitive touchscreen, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 7.2 Mbps data transfer speed, good battery life ect.

Sorry. But I hate this phone.

Since you already have a DSLR and Ipad then get the HTC Explorer for ~8k. Has decent features for the price.
Considering that its a HTC it will have a better resale value than the rest of the bunch.

Darky! How's the battery life on HTC Explorer? And it won't get the ICS no? :(

Darky! How's the battery life on HTC Explorer? And it won't get the ICS no? :(

Friend has a Explorer. It lasts a day and a half with moderate usage. I guess it wont get official ICS. Though Desire C with the same internals gets a ICS.
If you want sure shot ICS then Tipo is the only option as its ICS OOB. But we don't know when it will be released. Might take a month or so.
Only option in that range that might get the ICS upgrade is the Spice Mi-425. But then the resale value will take a hit.

Would not suggest Spice, as it may spoil OP's view towards Android, these cheap phones no matter how much they sound attractive, they are piece of cr*p and cannot compare the user experience of a branded thing (from personal experience using Spice MI-410)

Friend has a Explorer. It lasts a day and a half with moderate usage. I guess it wont get official ICS. Though Desire C with the same internals gets a ICS.
If you want sure shot ICS then Tipo is the only option as its ICS OOB. But we don't know when it will be released. Might take a month or so.
Only option in that range that might get the ICS upgrade is the Spice Mi-425. But then the resale value will take a hit.

My office colleague has given me his spare Optimus 500 for a week's time. So guess I'm sorted for now. But will see what phones launch by end of this month.

You can also go for Galaxy Ace.A friend got it two days back @ 10700

Don't really like it. Way too outdated.

Ok you hate this phone but you tell me Which reason do not you like it. I have above write the many phones with in your budget. They all the android OS and smart phones. You choose the one phone and buy it. May I more help you?

Sorry if I sounded curt. I don't like it because the display isn't good. Only 3" display so can't type faster on it. No GPU chipset. It doesn't look good at all, design-wise.

But hey, off the list of phones you suggested...Explorere and Defy Mini are in contention. So thank you. :)

Back