PC Peripherals Basic Digicam

I just want a basic camera for taking pictures when necessary.. It should be less priced, below 10k starting from any lower range :) But it should be of good quality, clear, and bright(no dark ones..) heard fuji cameras are good in clarity..

also mention the features to look out in a digicam..the basic requirements..

Try the Nikon Coolpix 3200....i have the same and it rocks :D must be 9K now.....get a 256MB MMC card for 1.5K, u'r all set :eek:hyeah:

Generally, look for a 3MP camera with a 3X optical zoom, and good battery life. Some ppl like bigger lcd screens, so just compare the screen size too. If u like camcorder type flippable lcd screen, then canon a85 has it.
I use a canon a75 and find it really good, featurewise and picturewise.

Blue, What about shape
It does matter, when portability comes.
A slim camera can be carried in a pocket or put on the belt like a cell and is great if u like to carry your precious little one always with you.
Think about it^^
bluediamond said:
I just want a basic camera for taking pictures when necessary.. It should be less priced, below 10k starting from any lower range :) But it should be of good quality, clear, and bright(no dark ones..) heard fuji cameras are good in clarity..
also mention the features to look out in a digicam..the basic requirements..

spidey.....i dont see spiderman in ur sig..:bleh:

and yes size is also a factor if u are thinking if carrying it arnd all the time...:)

iCE, He is out to rescue a .. ;)
IceFusion said:
spidey.....i dont see spiderman in ur sig..:bleh:

and yes size is also a factor if u are thinking if carrying it arnd all the time...:)
Look at this one. Digital Elph from canon. Neighbor's Envy.
With zoom.
cutecamera6qd.jpg

hi bd,

when selecting a digicam you need to look for the resolution of ccd. usually given in pixels, multiply them and find out the real figure your self. the more MPs meana larger file size, finer details, better colour reproduction.

for home use a 3 MP one will suffice upto the 5x7 inches size prints.

second featture you have to look for is optical zoom.
the more better

do not fall for digital zoom as it is a software function and mods the image to give you an impression of zoom.

then you go for the batteries. the more simpler they are better.

i mean to say if you can find a camera with AA rechargeable batteries using camera it is best, proprietory batteries will cost you a bomb if you need to replace and you always have to keep spare batteries with you on a long trip. in that case AA is a better option.

also the storage card type carries a bit of price tag go for cf card > mmc card > sd card > memory stick in descending order as if you need to buy a new one it will be cheaper in that order.

avoid sony ones and they carry a big price tag if you need to replace or purchase new things.

then look for size and handy ness canon / nikon / olympus are the best in this regard.

also look for ease of operation, as if it is to be used as family cam you often need to get yourself shot by someone at some tourist location so it is must.
canon and olympus are the best to use.

www.imaging-resource.com
is a great site. dcreview and steves site are also good.

look at
www.jjmehta.com
for indian perspective and indicative indian prices.

imo you should get nikon coolpix 3700 / canon powershot a510 / canon powershot a85 within your budget

Good info there doctor... I was looking for that kind of advise actually...Thanks for the consultation ;) ...

BTW reps added...

Can anyone tell me how good is this camera, i don't know the company name, as it is japanese or maybe chinese but i have its specifications

Image Sensor 1/3.2" CCD with approx. 4.0 Mega pixels
Lens f=5.6 mm935 mm film equivalent: 43 mm)
Digital Zoom Capture Mode: 4X (continuous), Play Mode: 4x (continuous)
LCD Display 1.6" color TFT LCD
Focusing Range Macro: 18-25cm, Portrait: 08-1.3m, Normal: 1.3m- infinity
Exposure Programmed AE,+ 2EV(0.5EV/Steps), Auto (100-400)
Flash Auto/Auto & Red- eye reduction/Flash Off
White Balance Auto/ Daylight/ Fluorescent/ Tungsten/Sunset
Lens Type:Glass
Self Timer 10 seconds with LED indicator
Storage Media Internal memory: 8 MB flash memory, External memory: Support SD card
Interface USB 1.1 DC power input connector: 3.3V/2.0A
94 x 66/40 mm
(W x H x D)
Weight 140 g

Apart from optical zoom, i can't see any against features in it.

Back