PC Peripherals Basic Digicam

Switch

Skilled
Jan 13, 2005
@blue I bought a magazine today known as Smart PHOTOGRAPHY... Go grab a copy of the mag... It has all the cameras along with specs and approx market prices which are available in India... And some good articles oo... Costed me 50 Bucks April Addition... Would help you a lot in decision making...

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
The City of Diamonds.
Sheriff said:
Can anyone tell me how good is this camera, i don't know the company name, as it is japanese or maybe chinese but i have its specifications

Apart from optical zoom, i can't see any against features in it.

what i see as some bottlenecks are:
the macro range is not proper (should be less than 5cm)
the ev increments are too big should be around .2 ev
white balance modes are less you need at least seven

but absence of optical zoom is the biggest drawback it means you are purchasing a digital version of kodak kb series cameras.

right now you may find it attractive due to price but optical is a must if you want to experiment and lear photography.

btw for how much are you getting this cam?

now majority of major camera makers have shifted their international manufacture base to china due to the tax and cost benefits so in a sense almost all cameras are chinese (for information only)

Reactions: 1 person

Sheriff

Disciple
Feb 22, 2005
medpal said:
what i see as some bottlenecks are:
the macro range is not proper (should be less than 5cm)
the ev increments are too big should be around .2 ev
white balance modes are less you need at least seven

but absence of optical zoom is the biggest drawback it means you are purchasing a digital version of kodak kb series cameras.

right now you may find it attractive due to price but optical is a must if you want to experiment and lear photography.

btw for how much are you getting this cam?

now majority of major camera makers have shifted their international manufacture base to china due to the tax and cost benefits so in a sense almost all cameras are chinese (for information only)

Thanx for that nice info, doc :)
The quoted price for this cam is 5k