Budget 0-20k Basic laptop for browsing only! (under 20k)

khaleelda1

Disciple
  • What's your Budget? under 20k, max upto 23k
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? browsing, youtube, whatsapp web, blueray video files on VLC player (this is the max usage scenario)
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? weight is not a concern.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? no preference as such, but would stick too mainstream products
  • Any other considerations? screen should be big (more than 14inches) , full HD, high ppi, to be comfortable to spend a lot of time reading on it. Battery life must be more than 3-4hrs.
  • Comfortable buying in India, or sourcing from UAE
  • New systems only, not looking for used ones.

Hello All!!

Need a system for just web browsing and media consumption.
A little shy of chromebooks, as i am not sure how restrictive it would be.
I am thinking of any 4GB system with good screen, wherein i might put on linux (as win10 gets heavy on this range systems)
A 15+inch screen with 4gb ram, would ideally serve my purpose, please correct me if i am wrong.
And i hope 20k is a decent budget for this.

Looking forward to your inputs.
Thanks in advance!!
Post automatically merged:

Acer Aspire 3 UN.GNVSI.009 15.6-inch Laptop (AMD Dual-Core Processor A4-9125/4GB/1TB/Windows 10 Home/Integrated Graphics), Obsidian Black - 19500/-Rs

Looking good, only problem being the screen is HD not full HD

Btw, can i expect full HD in this range?

Last edited:
Hmm as regards a full HD screen, generally speaking, no it would be difficult to spot anything in the wild with a screen at that resolution although its eminently possible to get decent hardware under the hood to drive the screen. more on this at the end.

At the price range, you have given, to my mind, the absolute deal would be the HP 245 G7 - https://www.amazon.in/HP-245-G7-Gra..._1_2?keywords=hp+245+g7&qid=1572813074&sr=8-2
selling for 20.5k at the moment and gives you a Ryzen 2200u + 4 gigs SODIMM with an empty m2 slot and a maximum capacity of 16 gigs. Pretty good deal for the price, forget about the older AMD Apu's or the apollo or Gemini lake intel Pentium's and Celeron at that price point. I have it myself fully decked out and it can handle a lot more than light reading and browsing.

The best device to make the jump to a full HD screen, however, is the Acer Aspire 3 at 29k - https://www.amazon.in/Acer-A315-54-...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

There is another option to bag a full HD screen but that comes at a compromise - the Premio v3 at 12-13K by iball. The compromise is not under the hood per se - its actually pretty good for the price and for your purposes, n4200 (about comparable to an older Haswell dual-core like the i3 4005u) - but the device might be faulty either on arrival or later. I have the device myself and its screen crapped out on me the day after I received it, the replacement has held up fine but beware the well earned dubious reputation of small-timers like Iball.

Try look at refurb or second hand devices. You usually get good deals. I have been using second hand lappies for several years at work without any issues. A DELL E7450, fullhd and i5 5th gen, with 256gb ssd, and 8gigs of ram can be had for about 22k.

Works without a hitch too!

Back