Laptops Battery for Acer 5738G

AbhishekS

Disciple
Th battery of my laptop, Acer 5738G, is almost dead. It holds a charge of max 15-20 minutes even on full battery. Clearly, the battery is nearing it's end very soon.

I wanna purchase a new one. I don't wish to spend too much as the laptop is almost 2-2.5 years old and I may be purchasing a new one soon (not very soon though).

I just removed the battery and the model number is AS07A31.

Can anyone suggest some good buys for the same? Will other battery models work or will I have to stick with the same battery model? And can I use 12 cell batteries instead of 6 cell?

Thanks.

Regards,
Abhishek Sharma

Th battery of my laptop, Acer 5738G, is almost dead. It holds a charge of max 15-20 minutes even on full battery. Clearly, the battery is nearing it's end very soon.

I wanna purchase a new one. I don't wish to spend too much as the laptop is almost 2-2.5 years old and I may be purchasing a new one soon (not very soon though).

I just removed the battery and the model number is AS07A31.

Can anyone suggest some good buys for the same? Will other battery models work or will I have to stick with the same battery model? And can I use 12 cell batteries instead of 6 cell?

Thanks.

Regards,
Abhishek Sharma
You will have to stick with the same battery model unfortunately. A 6-cell baterry for your laptop would cost around 1800-2200 bucks which comes with 6 months of local warranty.

I do not know what they mean by 'Original' ,but it seems that they have a warranty period of about 1 year versus the 6 months.

Hmm okay. I'll see what I can do. I'll probably just purchase a compatible battery for around Rs. 1200 to suit my needs.
Thanks for the help! :)

Back