Android Battery health testing ( Galaxy S10e)

Kyoto

Recruit
I recently tried to get my Galaxy S10E repaired by samsung because its battery was draining. Initially service center told that it would take 10 days to get the new battery but they later told they aren't able to get the battery for my particular model. I got it replaced by a tech shop outside , where i had the choice between an original and less expensive duplicate. I chose the original since the technician told it would last longer. Is there any way to measure the health of the battery?

According to accubattery app , it has a battery capactiy of 3000mah , and while watching a netflix show for 40 minutes it lost 5% of battery.
I can't test it properly right now since it has rubberbands around it to allow the glue to set in.

If you have an idea of your average SOT with the previous battery, do you find you get the same duration with the new one?

My test is simple. I play a video at 30% volume, 30% brightness at 1080p over wifi from charged fully until it dies and time it. I do this with every new phone to benchmark it.

The battery size on the S10E is a little smaller than the S10 but they overall seem to have similar battery life. In which case you can watch this video to get an idea of what it should be.

Last edited:
I recently tried to get my Galaxy S10E repaired by samsung because its battery was draining. Initially service center told that it would take 10 days to get the new battery but they later told they aren't able to get the battery for my particular model. I got it replaced by a tech shop outside , where i had the choice between an original and less expensive duplicate. I chose the original since the technician told it would last longer. Is there any way to measure the health of the battery?

According to accubattery app , it has a battery capactiy of 3000mah , and while watching a netflix show for 40 minutes it lost 5% of battery.
I can't test it properly right now since it has rubberbands around it to allow the glue to set in.
Not sure for what range you made the measurement in Accubattery. You should do a 1-100% charge and check the total mAh charged. Shorter charge cycles are usually inaccurate.

I also have an external USB ammeter/voltmeter that I sometimes use to check the total intake from source, so you can use one of those as well.

After a day of usage , ive found that
With screen on battery consumed is 26.6% of total per hour ( 644 mA)
Screen off 9.9%/h
According to this the battery capacity is around 2421 mAH
Samsung's inbuilt diagnostic says the battery life is weak , so it might be that the battery which was replaced with was also in poor condition.
I've contacted the store and was told to bring it on monday, so i'll see what happens then.
I had power saving mode enabled the entire time aswell.

Back