Android Battery life woes on Redmi Note 3

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
For all those who are using Redmi Note 3, I believe a lot of us have it, I want to ask few queries.

- Have you upgraded to MIUI 8? If yes, which one you found to be most battery efficient ?
- What is battery backup on your current firmware version of MIUI 7 ?

I have upgraded to latest available version. Battery backup is pathetic. On 8.0.6, after SOT of 4 hours 4 mins and usage time of 15 hours 40 mins, I am left with 20% juice. Initially in July, I used to get 8 hours SOT. Standby time has degraded to lowest levels. It saw drop of 16% in 6.5-7 hours of night time; despite all applications cleared, no data connection ON, only WiFi and Airtel SIM on 2G.

I would appreciate some suggestions from those who has faced same. I am strongly thinking to downgrade to 7.3.6 again but Dual mode of few apps is preventing me. Also I am worried about app data during downgrade. Contacts, messages, pictures videos, files and WhatsApp data can be taken care of. But not sure of what and how about other apps.

PS: I really hate flashing custom ROMs.

Last edited:
Android 6.0.1,
MIUI 8 global 6.9.29 beta,
Mine was a flash ROM upgrade, as I wanted to install custom recovery without boot loader unlock.
Data has to go.

Can we restore data backup of Xiaomi official ROM on Xiaomi.eu ROMs?

For all those who are using Redmi Note 3, I believe a lot of us have it, I want to ask few queries.

- Have you upgraded to MIUI 8? If yes, which one you found to be most battery efficient ?
- What is battery backup on your current firmware version of MIUI 7 ?

I have upgraded to latest available version. Battery backup is pathetic. On 8.0.6, after SOT of 4 hours 4 mins and usage time of 15 hours 40 mins, I am left with 20% juice. Initially in July, I used to get 8 hours SOT. Standby time has degraded to lowest levels. It saw drop of 16% in 6.5-7 hours of night time; despite all applications cleared, no data connection ON, only WiFi and Airtel SIM on 2G.

I would appreciate some suggestions from those who has faced same. I am strongly thinking to downgrade to 7.3.6 again but Dual mode of few apps is preventing me. Also I am worried about app data during downgrade. Contacts, messages, pictures videos, files and WhatsApp data can be taken care of. But not sure of what and how about other apps.

PS: I really hate flashing custom ROMs.
I'm using CM13 and the battery life is not that great.

Is this ROM stable and useable for regular usage?
I haven't updated it since August, but Santosh had released updates for it till some time ago. I have been using it for the last 4-5 months and haven't faced any issues.
I am waiting for him to release a stable CM14 and will jump on to that once released.
In August, there was some issue with CM13 and FP sensor on some phones but it works perfectly for me. From what I remember it was a hardware issue as Xiaomi had changed the hardware of the FP sensor on the later batches.

Edit - My SOT are for Wi-Fi only and few to no calls.

Last edited:
Back