Battery or charger problem

Hi I have a hp ab522tx laptop. Bought it about 4 years back. When the battery is low it used to display an orange light near the charging port and when it was full it used to display white light. It displayed orange light when it was charging. They never blinked iirc. Few days back in the morning I was about to switch on the laptop and I saw white light blinking near the charging port. I ignored it. But in the past two days weird things are happening. The white light keeps on blinking even if it is charging, sometimes the orange light comes back. The battery stays stuck at some % and never charges completely. Cleaned the battery and surprisingly it started charging for a bit. Now either the battery or the charger is at fault. How can I find out if it is the battery or the charger? And from which website should I buy the same?

How many years it has been since you changed the battery? usually battery only lasts max 3 yrs that too if properly taken care.

Try laptop + charger without battery and observe the leds.

How many years it has been since you changed the battery? usually battery only lasts max 3 yrs that too if properly taken care.

Try laptop + charger without battery and observe the leds.
Never changed it, though the backup time has reduced. I relied on the charger.
Will do and will get back.

Back