Be a rebel !!

Wolfff

Adept
Just bought the Canon Digital Rebel XTi aka EOS 400D from Bangkok :D . Got it with the kit lens for 35k including 1 gig Kingston CF card.

(Blurry images i know.. V3i camera is crap)

cimg0003ne1.jpg

cimg0005qw0.jpg

The kit lens isn't that great, but didn't wanna spend another fortune on lenses right away. Planning to get this lens and the 2gig SanDisk Extreme® III CF card next week :D

A good Zoom and wide angle lens will have to wait a few months, till I figure out all the options and settings. Still haven't read the manual completely. But here's a few macros i tried, resized to 2MP from 10.1 :)

The top of my speakers

V3i Cam

Great cam :D. To use the kit lens effectively, stop it down to f/7.1 to f/8.0 while shooting. Wide open, the kit lens is very very blurry. If you don't wanna spend too much on lenses, get the 50mm f/1.8 instead of f/1.4 USM and you not notice a diff. If you are just starting off, you'd not notice a difference and save roughly 220$. You could get another decent lens like the 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 instead with that money

TechHead said:
^The f/1.8 is ~100$, right?

Roughly around 70$ which is really cheap for such a nice lens. Agreed its noisy and doesn't have full time manual focus but then again, for 70$ what more can you ask for :p. The only thing that the USM version gives is an extra stop of light, silent focussing and full time manual focus which IMHO is not worth an extra 220-230$ :p. The f/1.8 lens is super sharp from f/2.0 and very very usable at f/1.8 as well. Considering the fact that its 80mm on 1.6X crop shooters, its not going to be used a hell of a lot unless all one takes are portraits :p.

The only reason I dont wanna go in for the 50mm f/1.8 is its build quality. There have been cases where that lens actually breaks out of its casing after a few months of use.

^^In that case you can buy two and sit on one waiting for the other to break :D. Trust me the build quality isn't *that* bad :p.

congrats..on the purchase..mate..enjoy...clickin.. !

and by the way..yeah i dont understand a single word of u r technical ..talk about lenses and .all. .cauz i ve never been into pro. photography and all though i love tphotography.its always just the normal analog cam and then a sony cybershot...

so can U OR CHAOS .just..explain a bit in short about such high end.cams.??

Why on earth is that 50mm called telephoto? It is hardly in the telephoto category..

Still, great purchase!

And the kit lens isn't that bad. Sure, there are better there always is.

awsome buy, enjoy it to the fullest!!!

i had chance of using a DSLR last weekend on a trip and it was something on a different league than routine digital cams.

i hope to join the bandwagon :p

^^DSLRs spoil you :p. Once you get to use one, you won't be able to stand a regular point and shoot. If you have a big budget, wait a while... the 40D is right round the corner and should be announced soon.

Great buy, i thought i was gonna have the first 400D on TE :p

Anyways, if u want a decent Macro Telephoto, get the Tamron 70-300 f/4-5,6 LD Macro, I know, I know, no IS, but atleast LD glass for 8.5k jjmehta ;)

And yea, the 50mm f/1,8 is a must buy.

Chaos said:
If you have a big budget, wait a while... the 40D is right round the corner and should be announced soon.

Where, who said ? Dont give people false hopes :p (j/k ;))

Anish said:
Anyways, if u want a decent Macro Telephoto, get the Tamron 70-300 f/4-5,6 LD Macro, I know, I know, no IS, but atleast LD glass for 8.5k jjmehta ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of some Canon L glass :D. Damn their prices, L really stands for Lust.

Back