CPU/Mobo been meaning to confirm this for awhile

Vandal

Skilled
Guys coming to mobos.... I am probably one of the finikiest people here.....I always wanted to clarify.... when we say 925X/915X.... AMD NF4/NF4 SLI etc. we are basically referring to the different chipsets...
Now the question is take MSI.... suppose they have a 915 and a 925 or a Nforce 4 board and a Nforce 4 SLI board....... assuming the same color PCB (asus as an example are supposed to currently use black for their best qual boards, and yellow for lower end ones)
would their be any build quality difference...
Notice even MSI the NF 4 SLI (plain jane) has a red PCB whereas the diamond has a black one......ARE THEIR BUILD QUALITY DIFFERENCES?? I don't mean number of slots, onboard LAN's etc...
I have had this as a feeling confirm..... generally speaking an asus 925 would have better build qual than a 915, and a 955 would have better build right???

Same ways would a NF4ultra board be a bit inferior (build qual again) to an NF4 SLI...??

Finally will the NF4 SLI 32 boards have the best build qual of the lot????
Since I am in the market (well near future anyway) for a really top qual AMD board this will help me 'fix' on something....

vandal said:
asus as an example are supposed to currently use black for their best qual boards, and yellow for lower end ones

Asus K8N-E deluxe = yellow color PCB

Asus K8V SE Deluxe = black color PCB

Which would you call the higher-end board? ;)

there is no difference rather than color ..... but i hate than typical ASUS yellow color ..... that y i didn't taken A8N-E even i know i am not going to use SLI ....

Yes the ASUS Gold/Yellow/Orange :p colour looks bad... And yes Black PCB looks good... But i dont think that there is a difference in the build quality...

OT: Good to see you back darky :)...

Crazy_Eddy said:
Asus K8N-E deluxe = yellow color PCB

Asus K8V SE Deluxe = black color PCB

Which would you call the higher-end board? ;)

Got the point.. Though these aren't exactly latest products mate.. Was talking about the Asus latest models...

Anyways I would think the quality of a x16*2 pcie board would need a bit better considering the price tag and the targeted buyer..

Since I won't be in a position (time wise more than money wise, but that too) to upgrade for 2 years I really want something that will last and not slow down along the way.

And deciding on ATI thanks to u guys mainly was an important choice for me, as besides the X800 that I have I have always gone Nvidia. Am looking to rob a bank by march:bleh: and pick up my card a month later;)

probably the 32 lane pcie boards should be out by then here in full force.

Oh btw the A8N-E orange/gold/yellow is the color of poop!!

Back