Before buying shows, Netflix checks piracy sites :D

swatkats

Skilled
One of Netflix's goals has always been to combat piracy of TV shows and movies — if you can get all the shows and movies you want for only a few dollars a month, the company hopes you'll stop downloading them illegally. But as the service rolls out in the Netherlands, Reed Hastings' team has gone so far as to actually check piracy statistics in determining what shows to buy. VP of Content Acquisition Kelly Merryman told Tweakers that "with the purchase of series, we look at what does well on piracy sites." That led to Netflix buying Prison Break, for instance, a commonly torrented show in the Netherlands.

Merryman told Tweakers about some of Netflix's other considerations as well, including shows like The Voice that the company decides are more suited to live audiences — that's why we'll also likely never see Netflix competing for sports contracts, or airing an evening news show. Sadly, though Reed Hastings also told Tweakers that he'd love to help Game of Thrones solve its massive piracy problem by airing the show on Netflix, HBO's apparently not interested. But if Netflix can convince other studios and networks that piracy isn't better than an Emmy, it'll have an easy sales pitch to make for a lot of popular shows around the world.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/14/4...tflix-checks-piracy-sites-to-make-sure-people
;)

Netflix is amazing, i have used only for a month but if we had decent internet and netfix would upload all shows quickly, 2nd day after TV telecast, i would gladly take a subscription.

cant you download, and watch within a timeframe? if you are on an unlimited connection for example?

cant you download, and watch within a timeframe? if you are on an unlimited connection for example?

Yes but first this becomes sort of legal and you get to explore other shows (something which my wife loves to do) and watch them at will and don't bother about finding download links and all. Many shows i do not get links and all but they are on netflix.[DOUBLEPOST=1379311766][/DOUBLEPOST]
raksrules is netflix available for india ?

Offically No. I had used in USA but one can use in India using VPN. Cost would be 8$ per month.

raksrules is netflix available for india ?
Sadly No and Even online streaming sites like Bigflix is going out of business. Piracy is making such businesses unsustainable.

Netflix Keeps India out of its List because of Poor Internet Speeds and Policies of Our Govt or else even Rs.500/mo is Just fine for unlimited watching for concurrent watching between two systems.

Unless internet speeds jump and rates reduce, no sane provider will come to India ever. This government is trying its level best to cripple this country. All this while the MPs and MLAs have free internet at their homes.

Back