Belkin Share N300 Wireless Modem Router - F7D3402

belkin001.jpg

belkin002.jpg

belkin003.jpg

Product Features

* Integrated ADSL 2+ Modem, preconfigured security settings with WPS/WPA2 and WEP encryption

* Speeds of up to 300 Mbps on Wireless-N networks

* Easy Start gets you up and running securely in minutes, "Self-Healing" automatically detects and fixes problems

* Print Genie enables wireless printing from anywhere in your home, "Memory Safe" enables automatic backup of photos and files

* Four LAN ports, one WAN port, and one USB 2.0 port support use with multiple devices

* BT/Talktalk/Orange/Tiscal/O2 (ADSL)

Technical Details

* Wireless-N router ideal for sharing photos and files, surfing the web, emailing and instant messaging

* Speeds of up to 300 Mbps on Wireless-N networks

* Backward compatible with Wireless-G networks

* Integrated ADSL 2+ Modem

* Easy 3-step set-up

* Preconfigured security: Wi-Fi Protected Setup, 256-bit WPA/WPA2 and 64/128 WEP encryption

* Advanced apps include automatic back-up of photos and files

* Network problem detection and resolution

* And wireless printing (hard drive for back-up not included)

* Backed by Belkin's 2-year limited warranty and 24/7 tech support

Review

Wanted to replace my modem provided by MTNL installed early this year in January, hence I bought this Belkin Share N300 Wireless Modem Router - F7D3402 a month ago and is still going strong. Wanted to check this myself for a month before i give the review. I was hesitant before buying because of all of the negative reviews.

It was very easy to set up, from out of the box to surfing it took approx 20 minutes to set up. A small and easily concealed product that delivers exactly what it says on the box, from my point of view I now have a modem / router that is always connected properly, and that is much faster than what it replaced.

I chose this model for the USB function which works well with my hard drive & Printer, want to check my scanner yet. The benefits are well and truly justified, downloads and streaming of video is excellent, wish I had bought one sooner, No problems connecting the 2 x PC's, 1 x Laptop, Media Player, Phones etc .. Would definitely recommend.

Belkin Share N300 Wireless Modem Router F7D3402 - PRODUCT MANUAL

The yellow port seems to be a normal RJ-45 port. So how do you connect a telephone line for adsl connection?

akshay7g said:

Can this RJ45 port be used as a regular ethernet port ? (as in there is another modem doing the modulation-demodulation).
Cause even if this router can act as a ADSL modem I am sure it cannot act as a cable modem as well.

jatinwig said:
Then what would be the point of a RJ45 Jack why not put in a regular RJ11 jack

there has got to more there

I doubt the WAN(yellow) port can be used as cable modem input but it can surely be used as a normal WAN port as on any router. Plug the output of your cable/other modem in this WAN port and this device can work as a normal router.... Its speciality is that incase for a ADSL connection you dont have a modem it provides one inbuilt. In such a case you can use that RJ11 --> RJ45 cable to plug ur telephone line to the router.

Hope this was what you were asking...

oh... Strange... coz the Belkin site does not mention anything specific and never did I see a same port which can hold RJ11 or RJ 45 jacks out of the box....

If it is this way then its cool... no converter cables....

onlyravi said:
oh... Strange... coz the Belkin site does not mention anything specific and never did I see a same port which can hold RJ11 or RJ 45 jacks out of the box....

If it is this way then its cool... no converter cables....
- Interfaces 4 xnetwork -Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ45 | 1 x modem -ADSL2+ -RJ-11(WAN) ,1 xUSB 2.0
sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk .......

what is its price and where did u purchase it from?

I have applied for mtnl BB and need such modem + router as well.

And what speeds are u getting for transfers from usb hdd to pc?

Can its firmware be modded to support downloading from torrents and file hosting servers?

Or is there any device with all these features?

sorry for so many questions but i have to purchase modem in this week only, in case u have done market research, it would help me saving time as well. Thanks.

Harpy.eagle said:
what is its price and where did u purchase it from?
I have applied for mtnl BB and need such modem + router as well.
And what speeds are u getting for transfers from usb hdd to pc?
Can its firmware be modded to support downloading from torrents and file hosting servers?
Or is there any device with all these features?

sorry for so many questions but i have to purchase modem in this week only, in case u have done market research, it would help me saving time as well. Thanks.

Belkin Share N300 Wireless Modem Router F7D3402 - PRODUCT MANUAL

Back