PC Peripherals Benefits of mouse-pad ?

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi,

My Razer Abyssus have started to give issues such as it gets disconnected in between with a warning in system tray saying 'Power surge on Hub port'. I tried my old Gigabyte mouse GM6800 model which have accident double click issues along with right click issue, its working without any power surge issues in very same USB port.

Now I m looking to buy a new mouse with budget of 1200 +/- 100 bucks. I really like smoothness of my Razer mouse in terms of holding it as well as using it. What are my options in similar category of experience ?

Regards.

EDIT: I play mostly FPS genre games.

Last edited:
It's not in your budget, but if I were you I'd definitely go for the Logitech G400 (or G400s). You can find a deal online for around ~ Rs. 1800 and in my opinion it's a great price for a great mouse. The longevity of Logitech products are amazing - my Logitech MX518 is 5 years old, and still works without any problem.

It's not in your budget, but if I were you I'd definitely go for the Logitech G400 (or G400s). You can find a deal online for around ~ Rs. 1800 and in my opinion it's a great price for a great mouse. The longevity of Logitech products are amazing - my Logitech MX518 is 5 years old, and still works without any problem.

If I put it in straight terms, I need replacement for Razer mouse. I liked it very much. I had a look on G400. Its cheapest for ~2k.

Anyone used G400 and G400s both & can tell difference ? Also how much different G100 and G400 are ? except number of buttons and sensor DPI.

EBLUE Cobra 5D

I had a look on this one on snapdeal. Somehow did not like it, subjective :)

If I put it in straight terms, I need replacement for Razer mouse. I liked it very much. I had a look on G400. Its cheapest for ~2k.

Anyone used G400 and G400s both & can tell difference ? Also how much different G100 and G400 are ? except number of buttons and sensor DPI.

G400 and G400S are mostly identical, except the DPI sensor on the G400S is a bit higher. Also, both mouses have different colour scheme as you may have noticed.

I dunno which mouse G100 is so you'll have to excuse me on that!

After finalising on G400, I have a query. Does Logitech provide warranty without bill ? If anybody is aware about it or have some information, please post it here.

After finalising on G400, I have a query. Does Logitech provide warranty without bill ? If anybody is aware about it or have some information, please post it here.

I wish i could answer that but I can't. Thankfully I've owned 3 Logitech products till date, and they still work without a single problem so I'm glad I never had to find that out.

I have done RMA of M100r mouse 2-3 times & they didn't ask for the bill
but i would keep the bill because once the serial number from the back of my mouse got scratched off & they wouldn't accept to RMA it even after i showed them the bill
So i had to contact Logitech facebook page to get the RMA done & they asked for the pics of the mouse & the bill

A gaming mouse, and I am sorry I am only into laser, is basically useless without a good pad, and here again by good pad I mean the hard mats.
My Sphex died after giving a nice service for almost three years, and I now bought the MM400, it's nice, for what it's worth. Otherwise my recommendation will be Alumic.

Yeah I read up about it. It says pad helps track better, not missing things, etc. But I want to know in real life or practical term. Like what difference it will make when I m playing CS or BF ?

Well it tracks better, that's one thing. But that is not the reason I recommend mats, but without a mat your feet (skates) will degrade much faster, much much faster. And that's a huge advantage of a good mat. I am done with CS multi player, I am only a single player now, so tracking doesn't bother me any more. Whether in practical terms the tracking is better with or without a mat I can't really say. You might ask for some experts view on that, Anand, Guru, wherever.

i am using Steelseries Fnatic Sensei mouse, no gaming on PC, should i buy a mouse pad ?

As of now i am using it on keyboard tray which got laminates

^^Buy some normal mouse pad; the ones that are priced around 100 rupees or less. That should be enough for non-gaming needs.

A mousepad is always highly recommended, whether you game or not. It will help a long way in extending the life of your mouse as far as wearing down of the feet goes, as well as general tracking. As far as gaming, i would recommend a cloth based mouse pad for fps games while using a lower sensitivity setting on the optical mouse to enhance accuracy. If you are playing MMO/RTS games then usually the laser mice perform better using a higher sensitivity setting allowing for longer and quicker swipe movements and you will require a fairly large mousepad like the steelseries qck+.

Any particular model of mouse-pad to couple with Logitech G400- mostly play FPS and bit of likes of Assasins Creed and GTA ?

Back