Benq SK3731 37" Full HD LCD TV for 28350 - is it VFM

tntin

Disciple
Hi,
This model is listed in Ebay for Rs.28350. Does any one have purchased this unit before and how is Benq lcdtv in general. This provides a 37" display, max resolution of 1920x1080 (Full HD), response time of 6.5ms, Viewing Angle is 178/ 178 and has got HDMI, DVI. The ebay link is eBay India: Benq SK3731 FULLHD LCD TV With 1Yr Manufacturer Warrant (item 310204143361 end time 10-Mar-2010 08:00:00 IST) and the benq website link BenQ Global - Consumer Electronics
does any one have any idea regarding the quality.
i think even if this gives basic functionality in terms of lcd tv then this 37" is a good vfm

Firstly, one should not order such expensive and bulky products from eBay. Shipping, seller-trust, product condition varies intolerably on ebay.

Quality matters much much more than screen size. 5000:1/3000:1 contrast ratio seems ultra low.

No wonder 32" LCD tvs cost from 25k-70k! Its all about image quality, sound quality.

Lesson: Always research, review, experience before buying an LCD TV.

I did not find it so great in picture quality. But its not terrible either. However it can give you something no other TV in the price range can - viewing size. 37 inches was noticeably bigger than the 32" TVs.

honestly i have purchased this tv from ebay only. i have done good research on benq, the company is good as its a good deal compared to haier, videocon,etc. benq is selling strong on lcd monitiors especially in the lamington road.

personally the deal is mouth watering considering croma is selling benq 37inch lower model number for rs 32990 final price no bargin .

i bought it on wednesday and he told me that by monday i will get it got rs 1000less because of coupon that day

wall mount and installtion is there too.it comes by default with the tv

sato1986 said:
Firstly, one should not order such expensive and bulky products from eBay. Shipping, seller-trust, product condition varies intolerably on ebay.

I don't agree with this. eBay is quite trustable these days. Also, the feedback system, etc is there to help you.

I personally bought an LG Jazz off eBay DOW last month and 101% satisfied. The seller gave me best price, fast free- shipping, even allowed me to re-order once to use the valentine's offer :D, and has been following up with me after I received till I got the TV installed by LG customer service. ;)

I had never got such a pre-sales & after-sales service from any local seller! :)

sato1986 said:
Quality matters much much more than screen size. 5000:1/3000:1 contrast ratio seems ultra low.
This is the actual contrast ratio and not the dynamic contrast ratio that other manufacturers advertize. So you cannot really compare both of them. I would suggest that you have see the TV in a local shop/mall to see the picture quality(both SDTV and DVD/Blueray). If its good/acceptable, then go ahead and buy it. If the picture quality is anywhere near good, then at it this price, it could be the best bang for the buck :eek:hyeah:

I have 24inch benq lcd monitor (G2412HD) which comes quite close to the tv.The quality is excellent at full HD from my computer and the Sense eye technology is also very good only you have to get used to it. I think SK3731 is going to be a good buy since my monitor works flawless. I have also tried hooking up Dish tv through a lcd tv tuner card into the monitor and the results were quite good, and they will look better on the tv since it has comb filter, deinterlacing, noise reduction etc which the monitor doesnt have. I would say just buy the tv. Actually even I was a bit anxious how benq will be, (the price was just too low extactly Rs8750) but Im really happy that I bought it.Actually with a bit of advertising, benq can easily beat other companies.
So dont think and buy it.

Same query here, saw it in Croma today for 29k, this would be used mostly for PS3 games, watching movies and normal Cable TV (not DTH). So how good is it for 29k??

Roxtin said:
Same query here, saw it in Croma today for 29k, this would be used mostly for PS3 games, watching movies and normal Cable TV (not DTH). So how good is it for 29k??

the one at Croma is the SD3731 which has a little less contrast. Anyways I am pretty sure the SK3731 which was listed on ebay is not available with Benq distributors, so that leaves only the SD3731 which still doesn't have competition at its price.

Roxtin said:

Why don't you take a couple of 720p & 1080p HD rips in a portable drive and have it tested at Croma using a laptop? If you can convince them to connect a PS3 to display the output nothing like it. Post back the results. I'm curious as to why this LCD has such a low price. :p

I might be buying something else later next weekend/month-end. :p

Desecrator said:
I'm curious as to why this LCD has such a low price. :p

well for one they use lcd panels from their sister company AUO which makes AMVA tech based panels.
so they can price it lower then the competition.

they are fine for HD,although motion won't be as good as the competition like from samsung/sony.who use their own overdrive tech and smart image processing with respect to upscaling ,control of dynamic contrast.

Back