Berger express painting - peeling issues

Arjun

Skilled
I am getting my house interior painted by berger. I chose them expecting to receive professional service and a better job than local painters. Today they finished the first room and even before they were leaving for the day yhe paint started peeling.

Berger gives the painting work to a contractor and their supervisor visits to check. Both the contractor and supervisor are giving flimsy excuses for the peeling blaming the previous paint.

They have promised to fix when they come back on Monday, tomorrow is holiday due to eid.

Any links where I can escalate this..

Last edited:
Previous paint has nothing to do with this. Didn't they properly scratch off the previous paint and then applied white putty, leave it for a day to dry and only after that apply the new paint?
I think if the putty is not dried properly and the paint was applied pre-maturely only then this would happen.

They took 4 days to do this room, they applied putty and scraped for 2-3 days, paint coat was applied today.
Will it have to be completely redone?

Last edited:
They took 4 days to do this room, they applied putty and scraped for 2-3 days, paint coat was applied today.
Will it have to be completely redone?
Okay then this could also be a result of applying too much paint (thick mixture). Easy way to avoid this is to use primer with paint and do multiple layers/coats of paint (usually 2).

Monsoon could also be a factor, stuff needs to be properly dried before being painted.
Not sure where you are based, but if the air was humid, could spell trouble.
I'm sure you can call berger customer care & ask them to escalate the matter, however after monday has passed & paint guys do something about it, give them a fair chance too.
---
I'm sending you a twitter link of similar issue, should help as I dont want to post here for the mods will shower me with their unconditional love.
This should help too
1657387950712.png

They are already lying so I want to know what the correct course should be, I am in delhi, there were no rains in the last week but it was humid. And supposed to rain heavy tonight/tomorrow. The berger guy told me rains will not cause any issues.

They are already lying so I want to know what the correct course should be, I am in delhi, there were no rains in the last week but it was humid. And supposed to rain heavy tonight/tomorrow. The berger guy told me rains will not cause any issues.
Check your PM, go thru that twitter link, you can choose the course of action accordingly.

Most likely it is because they applied single coat of thick paint instead of two coats of diluted paint. They would have to wait for the first coat to dry before applying second coat, hence they might have done so.

Ask the local chaps politely, understand what they have to say (It does not have to make sense)
If what they say sounds like gibbersh, contact the berger customer care, show them the pictures & politely tell them the contractors will have to get their re-schooling done in English as you don't speak gibbersh.
Get it done on mail as telephonic conversations and assurances will hold 0 value.
Keep hammering them on email, they will fix it.
---
Additionally you may want to keep saridon's handy as you may need some, and as a token of appreciation you can buy some bandages for the painters, after what berger does to them they may need it.

What is the excuse given by painting team?
First when there was only one peel he said it was sliced by the scrapper accidentally. Then when I saw more places with paint coming off he said something about putty. Then later he said your previous caused this. And when I sent pics to he supervisor he repeated the previous paint theory. He was I guess already coached what to say by the contractor.

First when there was only one peel he said it was sliced by the scrapper accidentally. Then when I saw more places with paint coming off he said something about putty. Then later he said your previous caused this. And when I sent pics to he supervisor he repeated the previous paint theory. He was I guess already coached what to say by the contractor.
Lol, typical "I'm off for the weekend" excuse.
Give them 1 more chance, contact Berger for sure, they'll apply all the coats of re-education to these guys.

First of all who even risks painting in monsoon? Thats the dumbest ever decision.

IMBO paint jobs are best done either in winters or early summer like march so that it settles well in april/may to fight rains from june-oct and one gets to see the yearly results aka judge the true job colors by dec.

They seem to be truly unprofessional or noobs. I got my house painted and painters took 4 weeks in total like 4-5 days per room and paint job is simply makkhan!

I wanted to get it done I'm summer's but roof waterproofing was pending and it was extremely hot and dry in April May to get water proofing as it develops cracks easily due to heat. When the weather became favorable I got covid. Then I got the waterproofing work done and now I had no choice but to get it done asap as I would get busy in a few days. They also said that there will be no issues with monsoon.

Completely off topic, Linus of LTT started off as a painter when he was a teenager so every now and then his snobbish attitude on painting houses properly pops up on remodeling/moving vlogs — I've watched so many of them that I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than this and the last time I touched a paint brush I was three feet tall.

Delhi hai yaar,
Be stern act furious and they ll do it.
Sometimes it happens they should scrap an extended area, apply putty let it to dry and again apply paint primer etc
I know coz this happened with one wall of my bed room five years back and it was peeling peeled within minutes..

I just made them to scrap the whole wall and smoothen it and paint, was done in a day, but it was summer..

Again I am not a professional best is go to the local hardware and paint shop and ask the reason, in delhi all shopkeepers help when you put forward a query related to their work and expertise...

Else go to the local chowk where all the labourers, masons, painters sit in the morning to get days job and ask politely..

Back