Best and Cheap Cloud hosting in India like hetzner or at least some what comparable!

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I am searching for Cloud hosting for personal use.
I did tried getting an account with hetzner but I think they are not accepting new accounts as I am seeing no access to the account after document submission.
Wish to spend around 1k per month for the hobby but don't want low end system...

have you tried Azure? they have a free tier for all your hobby needs, same for AWS but I don't know much about it.
expensive
1681967222727.png

I believe Oracle OCI has a free tier that will handle most lightweight services. I wouldn't use it for anything critical since they're shared instances, but if all you need is a reverse proxy or something, it should work fine.

You could check at LowEndTalk. AFAIK, not other service comes close to Hetzner in price.
Also, keep in mind that for anything that you pay in USD (other than INR) you'll have to pay 20% TCS to the government.

Last edited:
Oracle has powerful machines for cheap but those are ARM based. Azure, GCP, AWS all have servers in India but none of their free tier is in India AFAIK. Why do you need indian servers?

Oracle has powerful machines for cheap but those are ARM based. Azure, GCP, AWS all have servers in India but none of their free tier is in India AFAIK. Why do you need indian servers?
I am using oracle free tier. They have in two locations - Mumbai and hyderabad. Going strong for 5 months.

I want to do kubernatives and testing. want to explore the max load limits and ddos effects the app. but want to keep the whole in my pocket very small. don't know. my be 1Lac to 10Lac concurrent users load testing or something.

That's a pretty heavy workload, no? That's more concurrent users than most MMOs. In fact, depending on how long the average session is and how heavy it is, I estimate that would put it in the same league as Wikipedia i.e. about a third of their concurrent users at the high end - are you expecting that much traffic? If so, I don't think you're going to be able to avoid shelling out some big bucks.

That said, it might be a different story if you can go serverless - haven't looked into it much myself, but some people have performing absolute wizardry with that stuff; for example, the guy who runs HaveIBeenPwned apparently does so for less than a dollar a month.

Have you used Kubernetes earlier? What is your use case and architecture?
nope :p want to learn so!
That's a pretty heavy workload, no? That's more concurrent users than most MMOs. In fact, depending on how long the average session is and how heavy it is, I estimate that would put it in the same league as Wikipedia i.e. about a third of their concurrent users at the high end - are you expecting that much traffic? If so, I don't think you're going to be able to avoid shelling out some big bucks.

That said, it might be a different story if you can go serverless - haven't looked into it much myself, but some people have performing absolute wizardry with that stuff; for example, the guy who runs HaveIBeenPwned apparently does so for less than a dollar a month.
No idea. I wanted to to stress test and see how the program performs. its not that its concurrency is 24x7! don't know what should be the use case. may be 10K to 1Lac ;)

nope :p want to learn so!

No idea. I wanted to to stress test and see how the program performs. its not that its concurrency is 24x7! don't know what should be the use case. may be 10K to 1Lac ;)
if you want to learn - start with local (if possible), if you are into tinkering and dealing with CC linked or billing aspect - its very dangerous game.

if you want to learn - start with local (if possible), if you are into tinkering and dealing with CC linked or billing aspect - its very dangerous game.
that's why I am asking like to what I should do.
If you are hosting your app using kubernetes, you don't have to worry about DDOS attacks. Cloud providers will themselves provide security against that. That's the point of going serverless.
normally want I wanted to do was have 2 seperate servers like droplets! one for normal stuff via linux and other for kubernatives. but hetzner ruined the plan :p

If you just have to test and learn kubernetes, you can install it on your own PC. I guess you have done that already?

Why indian servers though? you haven't explained it.

my suggestion is, use kind to create a local k8s cluster, use resource requests/limits to mimick cpu/mem constraints, add haproxy/nginx in front and use netem to artificially add latency/packet loss etc and wrk is decent for load testing
and DDOS is a very wide term. What exactly do you want to test? L7 attacks? L3/L4 attacks?

If you just have to test and learn kubernetes, you can install it on your own PC. I guess you have done that already?

Why indian servers though? you haven't explained it.
don't have idea of other servers XD
my suggestion is, use kind to create a local k8s cluster, use resource requests/limits to mimick cpu/mem constraints, add haproxy/nginx in front and use netem to artificially add latency/packet loss etc and wrk is decent for load testing
and DDOS is a very wide term. What exactly do you want to test? L7 attacks? L3/L4 attacks?
no idea on below :p
L7 attacks? L3/L4 attacks

don't have idea of other servers XD
Your preference should be using outside servers because they are cheap or even free. That's what everyone does. Use indian servers only if you care about latency.

no idea on below :p

1.4 Billion people, one of the largest consumers of content and internet services, yet we don't have data centers comparable in cost or capacity to EU, China or Singapore, let alone US. Sad state of affairs.
Electricity, Internet, Computer components, Land Infra, Taxes, Red tapes everything is expensive.

Back