Best Android Cameraphone - S2 or the new HTC X/S & Xperia S/P

Thanks for all your help in advance..

Need the best Android Cameraphone. Don't want to spend more than 20 - 25K, but my current research says that the only decent camera is in the Samsung Galaxy S2 9100G which is currently for 27.5K.

Presently own the Galaxy S and the camera sucks big time.

My doubts are:

1. Should I wait for the lower priced HTC S and the Sony Xperia P to get launched. Has the S2 camera really been dethroned by the newbies HTC ONE S and the Sony Xperia S/P.

2.Should I just buy the S2 or Will the price of S2 come further down?

Read many reviews online and don't really trust any of them cos most seem paid ones. Hence asking the awe TE community!
happy19.gif

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: Less than 30 k. Preferred price 25K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Samsung, Sony or HTC in that order. Galaxy note is too big.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: The best camera with video recording as a priority

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails and internet and Music.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: None

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Samsung Galaxy S2 9100G

imho, the s2 camera is better than the OneX.. the one series camera for me has seriously been a let down.

Xperia S is better than both but out of ur budget.. I doubt the OneS will come out anytime soon and neither will it be prices under 25k

^^ What makes you say that. The samples at GSM Arena shows the HTC One series having the best pictures sharpness and clarity wise. The only phone with a better camera is the Iphone 4S.

Experia S has the worst detailing amongst S2, HTC One X/S, Iphone 4 S. I would list the phones as following for picture quality:

1. Iphone 4 S (by a huge margin)

2. HTC One S/X

3. SGS II

4. Xperia S

I compared the samples at:

http://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=3&idPhone1=4574&idPhone2=3621&idPhone3=4369

Judging by what you are saying, ill drop HTC off my list. The Xperia P would have been ideal i think but for some weird reason Sony has chosen a 1350 MAH battery ?!

So its between the S2 and Xperia S.

2 questions:

1. will S2 price drop further once S3 comes out?

2. Some are suggesting that the yellow tint problem in Xperia S will go away in the next batches and thus wait for a month or so? I am really worried about the yellow tint and dont want to run around service centres for tht.

Thanks again

Back