Best android phone below 20K max 22K.

shady2pac

Adept
Hi guys Im looking to purchase a new touchscreen phone. Have no clue whatsoever but willing to test the android waters since every ones going gaga over it. Have been using Nokia n96 for the last 2-3 years so Im basically looking for something much better in terms of performance.

My budget is 20K.max 22K. Primary use is listening to music, lil bit of photography, good messaging features apart from calling. TIA.

I am Exactly in the same BOAT :D

Newbie for android ,and just want to try the Android Water :p

Started looking to buy from Defy , then moved to Vibrant/captivate , Then moved to Atrix , Now seems SGS2 is the most VFM buy ( Budget 25k approx )

Also , just to taste the android water a Galaxy TAB can also be considered , A used one should go for somewhere around 14k-15k , and its enough to install and try the android apps , try custom roms's etc etc .

P.S - If OP doesnt mind's then ppl who go through this thread , CAN PM me , if they are willing to part from there android devices and Have something like DEFY / Vibrant / Captivate / SGS / SGS2 / Galaxy Tab for sale :)

Samsung Nexus S is the best buy in 20k.

After that it makes sense to put in extra $$$ and get the LG Optimus 2X @ 25k. Cause if you're going to spend on a 20k+ phone, it makes sense to go all out and get a future proof phone like the 2X.

If we talk about phone that fits into your budget, I would suggest Galaxy S I9000. I tried my hands on this phone and it's pretty good.
You can consider LG Optimus 2x as well, but it's pricey. The best thing is dual-core processor it has...

If my suggestion has left you more confused, here's the comparison of both the phones. This might help you:

Compare phones

Happy Shopping :)

One more thing.. the website Saholic, whose link I have provided is currently running an Android fest. You might get lucky buying a nice android device within your budget..

shady2pac said:
Hi guys Im looking to purchase a new touchscreen phone. Have no clue whatsoever but willing to test the android waters since every ones going gaga over it. Have been using Nokia n96 for the last 2-3 years so Im basically looking for something much better in terms of performance.

My budget is 20K.max 22K. Primary use is listening to music, lil bit of photography, good messaging features apart from calling. TIA.

@Op

If you need a camera phone ( I assume you will use the camera quite frequently), Nexus S is the way to go as Galaxy S I9000 doesn't has any flash, so low lighting condition photography is not possible at all.

:)

but nexus S doesn't support 720p video recording which galaxy S does.

i think you should be able to find an Optimus 2x for 23k or so. makes much more sense to buy it.

^

Do you think the mobile users buy mobile for HD video recording??!! It cannot be a must have for any user because anyone will buy a handicam for video recording. How many of us even record non-hd videos in our mobiles?

shady2pac said:
@Smriti...yea I have been looking at Galaxy S and Nexus S. And how good is the OS of Samsung Wave II S8530? Just another thot of saving some $$$.

Wave II is Bada and I am not too impressed with the OS... Android is good yaar.. go for it..

I think galaxy s will be the best buy around 22k. Good hardware with very good community support. Talking of good still cameras o2x from the sample images does seem to have a good 8mp cam

just went to mobilestore and the guy said the best price he could give for Galaxy I9003 is 19800+goodies. Goodies include samsung car charger, satya paul wallet and some wifi vouchers. How good is this a deal?

Back