Best Android phone for under 12k

So I'm looking for an Android OS phone to buy for my dad for under 12-13k. Capacitative screen, 3G, Wifi is a must.

I was looking at a friends XCD35 but I found it extremely sluggish and my LG Optimus One was far far more fluid, despite of the faster processor in the XCD. I don't know if that's a general XCD problem or just with his phone.

Dell XCD 35is a bit sluggish compared to other phones. But with proper mods like CM7 can immensely improve the performance and also user experience.

These are the phones I suggest for 12 - 13k and still have an excellent user experience:

1) Spice Mi-410 (User thread: http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-p...ne-1ghz-snapdragon-190441-58.html#post1893755)
Specs - Spice Mi-410 - Full phone specifications
Price - 13,999
Advantages - Bigger 4.1 inch screen, Bigger ROM 1.5 gb, 1 Ghz Scorpion 2nd gen processor with Adrenos 205, Better multitasking, 5 MP camera with LED Flash, Front Camera, Android 2.3, WiFi b/g/n, PRICING.
Disadvantages - Spice Branding, Not 16M colors, Not scratch resistant glass

2) HTC Wildfire S
Specs - HTC Wildfire S - Full phone specifications
Price - Rs 12890
Main Advantages - 5 MP Camera, LED Flash, Gorilla glass display, WiFi b/g/n, Good build, Bluetooth v3.0
Disadvantages - None for the phone in this price range.

3) Micromax A70
Specs - Micromax A70 - Full phone specifications
Price - Rs 7328
Main Advantages - 5 MP camera, Price, Front Facing Camera, Android 2.2 Froyo
Disadvantages - No WiFi n, Not scratch resistant glass, No flash, Less ROM

4) Sony Xperia X10 Pro
Specs - Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro - Full phone specifications
Price - Rs 11390
Main Advantages - 5 MP Camera, Scratch resistant glass, Qwerty Keyboard
Disadvantages - No WiFi n, Android 1.6 out of the box, Extremely low ROM at 128MB

5) LG Optimus One
Specs - LG Optimus One P500 - Full phone specifications
Price - Rs 9390
Advantages - Price for LG, Decent specs for the price
Disadvantages - Only 3.2 MP Camera, No WiFi n

Other notables:
Spice Mi-310 - Spice Mi-310 - Full phone specifications

From those I like the Wildfire S. I'd rule out the Optimus One (because I have it, and my dad doesn't want the same), and the Spice and micromax phones (because of the brand), and the X10 mini because it looks ridiculous.

So it's basically Wildfire S vs XCD35.

If I extend the budget upto 15k, do I have any other good options?

Also, how the Sony X8?

x8 is a no go.

For 15k there is something that no other phone in that range can compete. That something is Motorola Defy :)

Best phone for 15k

Otherwise Wildfire S is a great phone. My personal favorite because of the design :)

cyanide911 said:
From those I like the Wildfire S. I'd rule out the Optimus One (because I have it, and my dad doesn't want the same), and the Spice and micromax phones (because of the brand), and the X10 mini because it looks ridiculous.

So it's basically Wildfire S vs XCD35.

If I extend the budget upto 15k, do I have any other good options?

Also, how the Sony X8?

You can get the Moto Defy with free BT for ~14.2k from letsbuy (After discount: RCOMLB1) -> Buy Motorola Defy MB525 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

I would suggest you increase your budget and go for it since its leaps and bounds ahead of the LG O1, XCD 35 and the Wildfire S.

Reasons:

3.7" screen with 854*480 resolution

Cortex A-8 processor 800MHz -> Can be overclocked to 1GHz+

PowerVR SGX530 GPU

Official CM 7 support

Fantastic build. It can take a beating and still go strong according to owners here in TE.

Flash support since its based on Cortex A8 architecture.

Guys,

is this fone (Optimus One P500) recommended for the following requirements:

1. checking mails,

2. surfing (main activity),

3. playing games (once in a while)

4. GPS

5. of course making calls (hope the call quality/ reception is good)

Mobile gurus.. please do reply and help me. I am currently using my one year old E71, but the screen size is too small for a good browsing expereience.

I am quite sure that the P500 would be at ease with my humble requirements, but still asking your suggestions.

P.S. am not into modding and tweaking. And I would use this till a a decet droid comes up (read I9103)

Thanks all!

LG Optimus one specs meets your requirements.

Specs - LG Optimus One P500 - Full phone specifications

1) Checking mails

It has Push Email, Email so checking emails is good with Optimus One.

2) Surfing

It has Adobe Flash 10.1 preinstalled. It has Wifi b/g. It also has 3g with HSDPA upto 7.2 Mbps, GPRS and also EDGE. So you will have good surfing experience. Also you can use the phone as WiFi hotspot.

3) Playing Games

Now this only has Adrenos 200 with 600 Mhz processor. While you can play games like Angry birds etc. Playing intensive 3d games would not be possible. 2D games are playable.

4) GPS

It has GPS with A-GPS support and Google maps.

5) Calls

Personally I haven't used the phone, but looking at other users they seem to have no problem. I maybe wrong on this. Any Optimus One user can shed light on this.

Hope this helps.

DarkAngel said:
You can get the Moto Defy with free BT for ~14.2k from letsbuy (After discount: RCOMLB1) -> Buy Motorola Defy MB525 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

I would suggest you increase your budget and go for it since its leaps and bounds ahead of the LG O1, XCD 35 and the Wildfire S.

Reasons:

3.7" screen with 854*480 resolution

Cortex A-8 processor 800MHz -> Can be overclocked to 1GHz+

PowerVR SGX530 GPU

Official CM 7 support

Fantastic build. It can take a beating and still go strong according to owners here in TE.

Flash support since its based on Cortex A8 architecture.

Isn't this having Eclair (upgradeable only to Froyo and not Gingerbread)? Wouldn't that be a big disadvantage?

Kneo said:
Isn't this having Eclair (upgradeable only to Froyo and not Gingerbread)? Wouldn't that be a big disadvantage?

New Defys come with Froyo pre-installed. It won't get official GB, but WIUI 1.8.12 gives amazing performance and battery after OC/UV ing.. Good wifi, decent camera, flawless 720p video playback from youtube etc..

Back