Best android phone from US for $500

fragpic

Adept
My cousin is returning to India in Jan so i decided to get myself a good phone from the states.

My budget is 500$ but can stretch it to a max of $550 if the phone is really worth it.

I have shortlisted the following phones
1.LG Nitro HD
2.Galaxy Nexus(way out of my budget though)
3. Motorola RAZR

Guys help me out in deciding which phone to get ,please also mention any other other alternatives to the phones already mentioned...

Go for the nitro hd...its available for $499....

The other two phones are out of question as none is available for less than $600..

ALTERNATIVE:- you can also opt for lg thrill 4g....its got glasses free 3d display and is a dual core phone too (tegra 2 and sgx 540)...
Specs wise its most vfm phone u can get from US....its available for around $370 - $400

But if you can afford the nitro hd than go for it...

LG Nitro HD has pretty good specs but yes it does have some abnormal battery life concerns. Most of the reviews have pointed out that its battery drains out pretty quickly. So you might want to wait till LG's updates or a custom ROM fixes this.

As for the current generation of 3D phones, the 3D is nothing but a gimmick which wears out pretty soon. You'll find out that there is no use of 3D in a phone even for the most demanding user and then you'll feel duped by the premium you paid over a normal handset.

RAZR has a great design, but have some caveats for its screen. The superAMOLED screen is nowhere near the Galaxy S 2 in terms of brightness or vividity. But yes, it does represent novelty value and bragging rights!

IMO, wait for the Nexus prices to drop a bit and have its issues sorted out. Then go for it. A pure Google phone will beat these guys fair and square.

chaitu.genius said:
me too waiting for a price drop of the Galaxy Nexus.....
Phone is too f'in awesome..

Price drop for Nexus will not be immediate. You can see this from the example of Nexus S. It took a bit of time since the price dropped to 20k-ish mark. But if you are willing to wait, wait till CES 2012 (Just around the corner, two weeks or so remaining). All the mobile giants are supposed to showcase their new products there. Samsung with Galaxy S3, Sony with Nozomi (or Arc HD), Nokia with Lumia 900 (AT&T version as far as I've heard) and a lot more. These products will push the price down a bit of the phones like LG Nitro HD and Nexus.

:) An awesome year awaits us.

Back