PC Peripherals Best Backlit Keyboard

kolguy

Adept
As title says i am looking for a backlit keyboard ... not really need any extra keys apart from the standard ones and dont need any of the so called gaming keyboard ... only real purpose is that i dont to search for keys in the dark :bleh: budget isnt a real concern but i dont want to sped to much.

Built quality must be good and should last a while.

Last Resort this will be the last resort purchase anything similar to that in layout and that has decent build quality will do.

i would prefer a regular keyboard ... the sidewinder will be slightly larger then the regular in length cause of the extra keys on the left which will not fit into table i use.

on the earlier point will prefer buying it locally no point waiting 2 months for a keyboard.

The ocz illuminati is the cheapest I've seen from a reputed manufacturer. Worked and felt like any other keyboard you'd be able to get in the 300 to 500 rupee range, had two backlit colour choices with the ability to control intensity, minimal media keys and a very light rubber coating on all the keys.

I had one for quite some time and it worked well. Sold it about 5 months ago though.

I am using the Ideazon Merc Stealth for about 3 years now. It allows you to configure the color of back lighting between red, blue and purple. It has 3 levels of brightness for the back-lighting and you can also switch it off when not need.

The main draw backs.

1. A bit non standard layout for the arrow keys

2. Very large lengthwise.

many interesting suggestion's but problem is most of them wont fit in the limited desk-space i have... which is just as important for me or is more important then any other factor except the backlight.

Reclusa for eg has some extra keys on the left and right which will just not fit in on the keyboard holding drawer on my table. Unfortunately when i had the table made i gave the carpenter measurements of my regular keyboard (good 10 years back) and table kinda has attachment's for me making it something i dont want to change.
This will probably the ideal length of the keyboard about 1 inch longer wont be a problem.

Razer Lycosa looks to be the most "standard" keyboard of all gaming KBs.. of course you will have to verify the dimensions...

I am glad to find this thread, because I have the exact same need! (Though additionally I also want it to be soft-touch / silent). Though the Logitech one looks like it wold be awesome, I don't know if it is available locally, and how much it would cost.

I also saw that Saitek has one - anyone have anything good / bad to say about them?

How much does the OCZ one run for and is it available locally (Nehru Place)?

^ EOL - That sucks.

So does anyone have any suggestions for backlit desktop keyboards that are actually available locally?

logitech G15 is available locally I think...

BTW: I have a logitech G110 which is don't use nowadays. PM me if anyone is interested

thanks koolguy for starting this thread, I am also looking for a backlit keyboard (gaming for nongaming) with limited budget.,where can i get ocz illuminati ?

i got myself a razer lycosa mirror edition keyboard last week after searching for backlit kbs 4 a longtime.
i was first looking for g110 initially but couldnt find one in mumbai...so i thought of jus checking out lycosa and g15.
i was jus blown away by the looks of lycosa weras g15 has lot of material for gaming...as my requirement was for non ganming and gaming i went for lycosa(actually bcos of looks :p).
and moreover g15 was too big a kb and wouldnt fit in my table.
and after one week of usuage i jus love it...and faced no problems till now....and have been gaming continuously too....and have found it to be too good a gaming kb.
but one negativepoint is that keys are loud while typing. and that actually doent matter to u while gaming.:p

lycosa really looks good - i like the slim no nonsense look of it..but right now its beyond my budget. I am looking for for something within 2k range..

Back