Best Blackberry Phone?


Party Monger

Well-Known Member
Veteran
So which is the best blackberry phone?
A friend has the option to choose any among their range, so please suggest..budget no bar..:D

Ofcourse do mention the prices..
 

desiibond

Well-Known Member
Adept
Party Monger said:
So which is the best blackberry phone?

A friend has the option to choose any among their range, so please suggest..budget no bar..:D

Ofcourse do mention the prices..
Wait for BB Torch 9800 (with BB 6.0). Coming out in a month.
 

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
So what were all those rumors being spread about BB getting banned in India? :ashamed:

It was supposed to banned in Saudi but seems like the ban did not go through. :lol:
 

desiibond

Well-Known Member
Adept
Desecrator said:
So what were all those rumors being spread about BB getting banned in India? :ashamed:

It was supposed to banned in Saudi but seems like the ban did not go through. :lol:
That is only for blackberry Internet services. And there wil be a truce between rim and govt.
 

vebk

Well-Known Member
Adept
I don't think there is much controversy over this. The BB 9700 is their top of the line phone right now. Yes, the 9800 slider has also been revealed, but it's anyone's guess as to when it will appear in the Indian market. As pointed out the 9700 costs about 26k and is available in black and in white. But be aware that you will have to subscribe to blackberry services to really get the most out of your phone and that is generally about Rs. 900+ per month apart from whatever you spend on calling, SMS.
 

spirit

New Member
Disciple
vebk said:
I don't think there is much controversy over this. The BB 9700 is their top of the line phone right now. Yes, the 9800 slider has also been revealed, but it's anyone's guess as to when it will appear in the Indian market. As pointed out the 9700 costs about 9700 and is available in black and in white. But be aware that you will have to subscribe to blackberry services to really get the most out of your phone and that is generally about Rs. 900+ per month apart from whatever you spend on calling, SMS.

Now if you are prepaid customer .. the prices have been sliced down to 399 so that is manageable.
 

spirit

New Member
Disciple

Mohit

Well-Known Member
Adept
Sorry for hijacking this thread. But can someone also suggest a good Blackberry phone for around 15K or lesser? And what is the issue with their OS? Someone was telling me the phones they have in India come with older OS'? True?
 

spirit

New Member
Disciple
Mohit said:
Sorry for hijacking this thread. But can someone also suggest a good Blackberry phone for around 15K or lesser? And what is the issue with their OS? Someone was telling me the phones they have in India come with older OS'? True?

Under 15k bb 8520 is a good choice. Regarding OS , they have launched BB 6, but the current phones that are available are running on OS 5 and their . versions. SOme are hoping to be updated to 6 while others do not have the platform and Ram to support it.
 

letmein

Well-Known Member
Adept
Party Monger said:
Why is this thread going off topic? please stick to the topic. I would appreciate some more suggestions..
Bold 9700 is the best. Torch is there, but hardware is almost the same. So unless you're willing to wait and really want the touchscreen, go for the 9700. The 9700 will also be getting the upgrade to the BB6 OS. It should be available for 27-28k with bill. White or Black, your choice.
 

Mohit

Well-Known Member
Adept
spirit said:
Under 15k bb 8520 is a good choice. Regarding OS , they have launched BB 6, but the current phones that are available are running on OS 5 and their . versions. SOme are hoping to be updated to 6 while others do not have the platform and Ram to support it.
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of the 8520 too. Will it be able to run the OS 6 though?
 

Mohit

Well-Known Member
Adept
unreal_ishan said:
the 8520 is a joke...might as well go for the E71!!
Tired of Nokia to be honest and its E-Series. E50, 51, 52 were enough for me. Was thinking of trying BB and hence this choice. What is wrong with the 8520 though?
 

egobrain.exe

Well-Known Member
Adept
hey man,

i myself had a 8520 curve .. and its a fantastic phone .. no issues what so ever ! i suggest you should go ahead and buy one .. i had a white one and it looked good too.!! there is no issues with banning BLACKBERRY in India as the ban which was to be implemented in Saudi has been taken off. Its a very good phone .. fast ... light and simple ! plastic body does dampen the phone a bit .. but thelook are killer .. thats what i think ! OS is good ..
 

Top