Best Broadband option?

colors6

Disciple
Asking for a friend who resides in Delhi.

He doesn’t have Airtel/Jio Fibre in the area.

Excitel seems to be an option. Any idea if the network is stable in Delhi area? They are offering fibre with ONT thingy.

I have excitel. But excitel is LCO(local cable operator) based. Everything is handled by them, all CC does is forward tickets to them.

If your LCO is good, you'll have a good experience, if they are shit, then you'll have a lot of problems. Most of the negative excitel reviews you'll see on review sites is due to shit/unresponsive LCO.

Don't go for multi month plans, not worth it to be stuck with a headache for 12 months. Buy 1 month and buy longer packs later.
Try to push for dumb onu modem and use your own wifi router. Their onu+wifi combo device is not very good.

Only negatives for me is no static or public ip available(can't even purchase, they simply don't provide) and no ipv6 yet. Experience has been good so far.

Take a look at ACT if its available too.

I have excitel. But excitel is LCO(local cable operator) based. Everything is handled by them, all CC does is forward tickets to them.

If your LCO is good, you'll have a good experience, if they are shit, then you'll have a lot of problems. Most of the negative excitel reviews you'll see on review sites is due to shit/unresponsive LCO.

Don't go for multi month plans, not worth it to be stuck with a headache for 12 months. Buy 1 month and buy longer packs later.
Try to push for dumb onu modem and use your own wifi router. Their onu+wifi combo device is not very good.

Only negatives for me is no static or public ip available(can't even purchase, they simply don't provide) and no ipv6 yet. Experience has been good so far.

Take a look at ACT if its available too.
The local internet operator is also offering "fibre". I think it's 40mbps 500/month. I wonder if it's same one that excitel will contract to?

I'll ask if ACT is available there? Is it better than excitel?

If he is smart enough then he can brand the operator to provide best service.
I used den and they have me great service for years as i had dropped an email to their MD complaining appeared issue s at night, then onwards they made sure to priorities my connection..

Since March I have switched to kanton ( fiber) as the local supervisor lives in saje building and again great service.

Best is go for act and if you find any issue straight away shoot mail to higher authorities or bring in govt of India via pgportal, believe me you ll be taken care of like a baby then onwards [emoji6][emoji6]

If he is smart enough then he can brand the operator to provide best service.
I used den and they have me great service for years as i had dropped an email to their MD complaining appeared issue s at night, then onwards they made sure to priorities my connection..

Since March I have switched to kanton ( fiber) as the local supervisor lives in saje building and again great service.

Best is go for act and if you find any issue straight away shoot mail to higher authorities or bring in govt of India via pgportal, believe me you ll be taken care of like a baby then onwards [emoji6][emoji6]
if ACT isn’t available, better to go with local operator than bigger ones like Excitel?

The local internet operator is also offering "fibre". I think it's 40mbps 500/month. I wonder if it's same one that excitel will contract to?

I'll ask if ACT is available there? Is it better than excitel?
Excitel doesnt have a sub 100mbps plan. Either its his own internet or splitting out another excitel connection. Best to take actual excitel connection.

Also, FYI, prices mentioned on excitel page are without taxes. I pay ₹1060 for the 899 plan.

Excitel doesnt have a sub 100mbps plan. Either its his own internet or splitting out another excitel connection. Best to take actual excitel connection.

Also, FYI, prices mentioned on excitel page are without taxes. I pay ₹1060 for the 899 plan.
Choose any plan that suits the guy.
While installation make sure to check speed using us UK servers on speed test, in front of the guys doing installation, if the speed comes as advertised then fine, otherwise ask them to optimise the connection and remove restrictions on international speed, which generally it's the case
Then make the payment, they're aren't many options if airtel, jio, act aren't available, but he had to bend them to provide decent speed and service

Choose any plan that suits the guy.
While installation make sure to check speed using us UK servers on speed test, in front of the guys doing installation, if the speed comes as advertised then fine, otherwise ask them to optimise the connection and remove restrictions on international speed, which generally it's the case
Then make the payment, they're aren't many options if airtel, jio, act aren't available, but he had to bend them to provide decent speed and service
I personally use 40mbps 499 airtel fibre plan which works fine for me and is very stable for me here in Noida.

If airtel had been available for my friend in his place in Delhi I would've recommended airtel 40mbps.

Anyway, since it's not available, I guess he'll have to make do with local internet guy or excitel.

I would say go with excitel or any local internet provider, but switch to airtel or jio as soon as it is available. I live in ghaziabad(part of NCR), I have used excitel fibre and now I am using Jio fibre. The difference is massive when both are compared.

I would say go with excitel or any local internet provider, but switch to airtel or jio as soon as it is available. I live in ghaziabad(part of NCR), I have used excitel fibre and now I am using Jio fibre. The difference is massive when both are compared.
The difference you are talking about has to do with speed or stability or both? Does Excitel suffer from frequent outages/disconnections?
my friend can live with lower speeds but stability issues will be problematic for him.

The difference you are talking about has to do with speed or stability or both? Does Excitel suffer from frequent outages/disconnections?
my friend can live with lower speeds but stability issues will be problematic for him.
First is speed excitel fiber 100mbps would give you about 100mbps but Airtel fiber 100mbps give more than 100mbps(guaranteed)

And as for stability I had to beg the excitel guys to get the connection up, they did increase my validity by a few days for about 3-4hr downtime. Moreover the downtimes were inconsistent and a pain the ass. On the other hand in the entire year of using airtel fiber, I had to experience only about 1 or 2 downtimes. and they lasted about 5-10 mins.

Also the additional speed that you get with airtel fiber is not only limited to 100mbps plan, it is so for all of them. They won't advertise this but almost everyone who is using airtel fiber knows that 100mbps can go upto 200mbps with ethernet.

Back