CPU/Mobo Best budget processor for gaming

viveksome

Disciple
Hello guys,
I need to buy a processor for gaming under 8k.
I dont mind using amd or intel
I learnt from various sources that i3 is best but i can see amd quads in same range.
My concern is i want the proccy only and only for gaming. I would be playing all latest games gta 4, crisis,bf3,skyrim(quite motivated by playing in parlors) at medium - high settings. And want it ready for gta 5.
I am to buy gtx 560ti 1gb getting it at 12k from a dealer cum friend.
So please suggest me i3 ,fx, or x2 or else. But remember i need this only for gaming. Forgot to mention i have a decent psu . And i am yet to buy mobo 3-4k as per need. Plz help

I have zotac gtx 560ti.
Psu-cx500 v2
if i3 is the best certainly i am getting it.
And for which processor is the mobo for?

Gigabyte B75M-D3H supports all Sandy bridge and Ivy Bridge Processors :) Mostly Non-K Versions are paired with it as it lacks Overclocking Ability :p
U would Like to get the 7850 For more Future Proofing It Overclocks Like some Beast and Gets Past Stock 7950!

Regarding processor i3 beats 8150(8-core) so By no chance the Cores Count for AMD in gaming :p i3-2120 best Buy :)

^@aryacooldude thanks. But 7850 is extra 4k which is hard for me to adjust right now. I can get max 13k for gfx card.
The zotac gtx 560ti which i am talking about is what i am offered at 12k.
And about i3 or amd, according to u bros i will get i3
Actually the reason for my concern was gta 4. I had heard it not running on i3 properly due to it being a dual core.
So i thought a quad might help.
Mates please confirm does i3 paired with good gpu give decent fps at demanding games including gta 4(i wanna play it most)

U would Like to get the 7850 For more Future Proofing It Overclocks Like some Beast and Gets Past Stock 7950!

Where have you read this, the HD7850 2GB is handily over-clockable but this is the first time I am hearing something on these lines (HD7850 2GB + over-clock = HD7950 performance), proof please.

Well I dont want to sound a dud here but I would suggest not to put too much faith in overclocking and recommend that to people .
If that guy gets a bad chip , which wont overclock that much , silicon lottery you see , he would curse you outright .
And it has happened , there are some gpu and cpu chips out there which dont overclock much compared to the similar chips ! .

There is a saying in terms of automobiles , " if you want more power , its better to go with a higher CC engine or a bigger engine than make your bore bigger ( porting ) , it only costs more in the long run , efficiency is hindered , reliability is reduced , etc " .
Now if we change that to computer terms , more power usage than the stock card performing at the same level as the overclocked card would use . More reliable in the long run , etc.

I know an expert overclocker can get a proper balance of everything , but not everyone is a good overclocker .

Not every card will cope well with such extreme over-clocks. Worst part the card will loose their power efficiency. Plus I would rather wait for the Kepler competition to show itself rather than justifying such inane over-clocks to breach performance.

yeah you are right about overclocking part . As a rule I wouldn't advise waiting for parts to be released if you're in the market today. Theres ALWAYS a bigger better part coming out "soon", rarely are they a substantial improvement over previous generations. If Op is getting 560ti @ 12k and dont want to spend 4k extra he can have 560ti . But my personnal suggestion is also to buy newest generation card like 7850 .

Just until the games use 2 cores . The games that would be able to use 4 cores would definitely run better on the x4 B60 :D

Its been said again & again but where are those games exactly except a few limited titles every year most games are still coded for dual cores... I guess a good competition for i3 right now is Intel's very own G620/G630 for an absolute budget gaming build. Its cheaper then X2 560 but performs at par unless Phenom CPU is OC'ed.

Intel Pentium G850, Pentium G840 and Pentium G620 Review. Page 4 - X-bit labs

Its been said again & again but where are those games exactly except a few limited titles every year most games are still coded for dual cores... I guess a good competition for i3 right now is Intel's very own G620/G630 for an absolute budget gaming build. Its cheaper then X2 560 but performs at par unless Phenom CPU is OC'ed.

Intel Pentium G850, Pentium G840 and Pentium G620 Review. Page 4 - X-bit labs

In multi-player component the Core i3 and Phenom IIx4 will pull ahead of these Spartan chips. But for most gaming purposes the G620 is great.

Back