Budget 0-20k Best cabinet under (or around) 5k on Amazon.in? (Plus any feedback about Silverstone PS15?)

Stronk

Adept
Hi all,
I recently got finished with building a PC for deep learning and web dev purposes. Got incredibly lucky and managed to snag a Vega 64 LC in this day and age for a very reasonable rate to finish the build earlier this month. Below are the components in the build:
  • CPU: Ryzen 3600XT
  • CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2
  • GPU: Vega 64 LC (120mm AIO)
  • Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar
  • PSU: Corsair CX550 non-M grey label
  • Storage: 1x Crucial MX500 M.2 only, no 2.5 or 3.5 inch drives
  • Fans: 1x120mm Cooler Master lying around from some previous builds

I have a 5k Amazon Gift Card which I can utilise to purchase the cabinet to finish this build, and I intend to buy it by the end of month. Following are the ones I have shortlisted for now, let me know which one I should go for. I have listed them in order of preference, and I value build quality, airflow and fans inclusion over RGB and tempered glass. Also prefer the case to be as small as possible since I only have a micro-ATX motherboard anyway, plus might have to move it via flight once college ends so I think a smaller case would be easier to pack and put in airport luggage:
  1. Silverstone PS15 Pro (Pros: fits all my needs almost perfectly; Cons: concerns over build quality, official CPU cooler clearance spec is only 154mm and my CPU Cooler's height is 155mm, apparently it can fit cpu coolers taller than listed spec but not so sure)
  2. Lian Li 215 X (Looks to have good build quality, and fits needs perfectly; slightly over budget, obscenely big and would be a bigger pain to move around)
  3. MSI MAG 100M (same as above; much larger than the PS15 Pro and would hence be a bigger pain to move around)
Any other cases you guys have to recommend at this price point, preferably Micro ATX ones only and volume less than 30L?
Plus anyone here own the Silverstone PS15 Pro and give feedback? Please mention the height of your CPU cooler too if using a tower cooler, thank you.
Found another option which looks to be decent:
4. Thermaltake H200 (Pros: Love the white color, very clean aesthetics; Cons: only one included fan, will have to purchase a few more separately, questionable airflow)

Last edited:
I purchased Lian Li Lancool 215. Absolutely worth every ruppe. Paid 6k something for this. Damn. This one now costs 5.6k.

Pros
The best midrange case for airflow. There is nothing else in this price range that can match this one.
Lot of room. I have installed ATX board and still there is enough room in the chassis.
Fits almost all major CPU coolers, even the big ones like D15.
Fan hub pre-installed. Front fans and RGB is connected to fanhub. Connect fanhub RGB header to mobo to control RGB lighting from Windows.
You can achieve extremely clean cable management. I have installed two SSDs, there are four fans in the cabinet, gigantic CM Hyper 212 LED and you cannot see cables obstructing airflow. Lot of openings are provided throughout.
Love the build quality.

Cons
Not really designed for liquid cooling (as per reviews).
Fan hub does not give you option to control fan speed. It is set to 800rpm and there is a cable clutter on the right side behind motherboard (pretty much manageable though).
May have to replace the rear fan with faster fan as the front fans pull in lot of air (though they run at 800 rpm).
Be careful with tempered glass side panel. It is not easy to get replacement if you break it.

Last edited:
Just Buy the Lian Li 215 or if budget permits Lian Li Lancool Mesh 2 ( best in air flow )

I purchased Lian Li Lancool 215. Absolutely worth every ruppe. Paid 6k something for this. Damn. This one now costs 5.6k.

Mesh 2 is completely out of budget :(

Thank you both for your suggestions. Yes, I understand that the 215X is an excellent case, but basically the only thing stopping me is the fact that it's literally (almost) twice as large as the Silverstone PS15 Pro (48L vs 25L volume).
Since it'll be on my table in my hostel room on campus, space is definitely a consideration (couldn't really go mitx because of prohibitive cost), plus I'll have to move the whole pc after about a year anyway once college ends. Moving via flight, every kg counts and I think it would be a better idea to have a case as small as possible to aid in transportation (I'll remove the tempered glass and carry it separately). However if the size doesn't make a difference during travel, I can go with the Lian Li. Let me know what you think, and I really appreciate your suggestions.

ever heard of selling gift cards /vouchers ?

Another option which worked was placing an order for 5k ,cancel it , request the return on amazon wallet , than transfer it to bank account

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this, looks like a good alternative. Will factor this into my options!

ever heard of selling gift cards /vouchers ?
Well yes but it was initially a gc of a higher value out of which I've already used some amount and now have 5k in Amazon pay balance, hence why I can't really do anything else with it. But yea next time onwards I'll keep this as an option, thank you for informing.

I ordered a Silverstone PS15 pro from primeabgb yesterday. One guy in amazon reviewed PS15 and he used a SFX psu(with ATX bracket) + a ATX Mobo in that case. He also screwed in Mobo standoffs in the glass screw hole and suspend the glass little away from the case to accomodate a taller cooler I think. Personally I am impressed with the 25L size and it can accomodate ATX Mobo with SFX PSU. This case rival the size of nzxt 210 mini itx case. Will update you after I get the case on Monday (assuming you didn't buy a case till then).

I ordered a Silverstone PS15 pro from primeabgb yesterday. One guy in amazon reviewed PS15 and he used a SFX psu(with ATX bracket) + a ATX Mobo in that case. He also screwed in Mobo standoffs in the glass screw hole and suspend the glass little away from the case to accomodate a taller cooler I think. Personally I am impressed with the 25L size and it can accomodate ATX Mobo with SFX PSU. This case rival the size of nzxt 210 mini itx case. Will update you after I get the case on Monday (assuming you didn't buy a case till then).
Ooh that is nice to know, thanks a ton! Haven't bought the case yet, will purchase it by end of month. Will eagerly wait for your update till then :)

Well I ordered the Silverstone PS15 Pro from Amazon today due to a few changes in current circumstance. Thanks everyone who helped, especially @rk17 for instilling confidence about it! Will update this thread with building experience once it arrives.

I got my ps 15 pro. Cable management is little tricky but with little patience can be done. I used a non modular psu. with modular PSU it should be even easier provided the psu length satisfies the specification. One have to definitely remove the HDD cage for longer PSUs. I don't have a spare tall cpu cooler to test so whatever given in the spec is recommended. Build quality is decent.GPUs can get cool air should not be an issue. Mid range gpu is recommended though. I removed RGB and stock Silverstone fans and added 3xarctic F12.

Attachments

• IMG_20210328_000423.jpg
    IMG_20210328_000423.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20210327_232259.jpg
    IMG_20210327_232259.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20210328_000345.jpg
    IMG_20210328_000345.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20210327_232346.jpg
    IMG_20210327_232346.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20210327_232039.jpg
    IMG_20210327_232039.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20210327_232058.jpg
    IMG_20210327_232058.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20210327_225305.jpg
    IMG_20210327_225305.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 147
I got my ps 15 pro. Cable management is little tricky but with little patience can be done. I used a non modular psu. with modular PSU it should be even easier provided the psu length satisfies the specification. One have to definitely remove the HDD cage for longer PSUs. I don't have a spare tall cpu cooler to test so whatever given in the spec is recommended. Build quality is decent.GPUs can get cool air should not be an issue. Mid range gpu is recommended though. I removed RGB and stock Silverstone fans and added 3xarctic F12.
Damn that's a clean af build. Really love the top notch cable management dude, I doubt I'm gonna do even a half as decent job of it haha. I too have a non-modular power supply, and the space behind the motherboard looks a bit tight but hopefully won't be too bad. I'm going to use the included fans only for now, if the delta between the open bench and closed build is more than 5-7c I'll think of replacing the fans with Arctic P12 or sth. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your build!

I replaced stock fans for 2 reasons.
1. I don't like LED stuff.
2. Arctic P12/F12 fans can be daisy chained so for low end motherboards lack of fan headers can be solved.

You can use stock silverstone fans if you don't have spare Arctic/Noctua. They are of decent quality i think.
Since you are going to use only M.2 SSD you can possibly fill the HDD cage with some unused cables.

@OP Did you get the cabinet?
Yep, finished the build earlier today, will update sometime tonight or tomorrow.
Edit: as a quick review: will highly recommend this if saving space is your concern, or if you want a smaller case for any other reason. Cools really well with the 3 provided fans, but since I have a long ass gpu (Vega 64 Liquid) cable routing was a pain. Also broke one of my USB 3 internal header pins because I had to unplug and replug so many times to route cables, but that's on me, I should've planned better instead of rushing it. Lost the right side front USB port as a rest, left one is still working. Cable management is okay, nothing great, though if you don't use the HDD cage you can get away quite easily by stuffing excess cables in there as I did (if you do not have a modular unit). Absolutely love this case but it was pretty tough to cable manage ngl.
EDIT 2: It also fit my 155mm tower cooler perfectly well despite the box mentioning only 154mm coolers are supported. There's at least 3-4mm space left between the cooler and the glass even now, so I reckon even 158-9mm coolers should fit if you have an am4 motherboard.

Attachments

• IMG_20210331_200642.jpg
    IMG_20210331_200642.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20210331_200654.jpg
    IMG_20210331_200654.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20210331_200701.jpg
    IMG_20210331_200701.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Back