Car & Bike Best CAR in the 5 Lakh Segment?

Swift, by a distance.... if you don't mind owning a car which has become very common of late....

Else I'd say Polo (Figo's really good too, but Ford's after sales in India is pathetic -- speaking from experience)

That's such a generic question as you haven't specified your requirements at all.

I would say i10 1.2 > Figo > Polo > Swift . The order changes based on what you want.

Its a generic question yes....but my only requirement is it should not go beyond 5lac....:)
Thats why i posed such a generic question.....
Best car in the 5 Lac range........the one with the best features.....thats all.....

I've driven only i10, Swift and Figo in the list. Here are my personal experience.

i10 Sportz - Powerful engine, nice interiors, good built-in music system/speakers, gives 16 km/L mileage on city roads.

Ford Figo - less powerful engine than i10, good interiors ( i find it even better than i10), gives 12km/L mileage on city roads, large boot space, smooth handling, car of the year 2011.

Swift - Powerful engine, didn't like interior quality, gives 12km/L mileage on city roads, smooth handling, large boot space.

I'd reckon either Figo or i10, depends on what you want. :)

Does Polo come withing 5 Lakhs on road?!!

Figo buddy, awesome car, great VFM, I bought one last October, and dont have any complaints. Please get the Diesel version if possible!

No Beat supporters here ? I own one and Very very happy with the performance and the VFM package you get it under 5 Lakh. No Other car matches when it comes to Value for Money, ALso the 3 yrs maintenance free pack is added advantage with new smaRt tech Engine ( I dont have this as i got Beat when its released).
so IMHO Vote goes for BEAT LT

urssriks said:
No Beat supporters here ? I own one and Very very happy with the performance and the VFM package you get it under 5 Lakh. No Other car matches when it comes to Value for Money, ALso the 3 yrs maintenance free pack is added advantage with new smaRt tech Engine ( I dont have this as i got Beat when its released).

so IMHO Vote goes for BEAT LT

BEat, really most underpowered car out there, and well the looks and interiors are debatable too!

I personally liked the interiors of beat.....But considering my height and built i found it a tad less spacious for me......
Its definately value for money.....
But i am considering other options too.....:)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i see everyone putting thier votes for i10 sports.....and not for the i10 asta.....is asta a waste upgrade over sportz...???

Figo is pretty decent, took a test ride and engine felt very peppy and revs easily. Doesn't feel restrained like 1.2l unit of maruti. havent TDed i10 so cant comment on that .....

roman1627 said:
i see everyone putting thier votes for i10 sports.....and not for the i10 asta.....is asta a waste upgrade over sportz...???
Not if your safety conscious.Its got Airbags and ABS. Its the compulsory sunroof which seems to be a turnoff.Apparently in this segment its not advisable to go for a sunroof as the build quality is a concern and it may start leaking in the rains.

Sportz>Magna because its got some features like rear defogger and rear wiper,which btw is a blessing in the rainy season, and these features are a pain to install after market.

Value for money - Figo
Driving pleasure - Punto, Polo, Figo
Resale value and service - Swift, i10, Ritz
Ride quality - Punto
Interiors - Beat
Space - Indica Vista

Looks are subjective, so I wouldn't comment.

Choose based on your preferences. If it's strictly 5L on road, I would go for Figo Titanium 1.2 Petrol. If you can extent budget by 20-50k, I would look at Punto Emotion or Polo Highline. :)

roman1627 said:
Asta is just a fancy i10 IMO. Not worth the difference in price, unless you are a highways guy

Small space Mileage + Features + After-Sales-service + Resale value + Looks + Handling: New i10

Big Space + Features + Handling: Figo

Okish mileage + Okish space + Okish Features + Looks: Beat

Big Space + Family car + Premiumness + Comfort + Features + After-Sales-service + Resale value + Looks + Handling: i20

My opinion: i20 Magna (5L) , New i10 Sportz metallic (4.5L), Figo Diesel Exi (5L), i20 Era (4.5L).

Compare Ford Figo Duratec Petrol ZXI 1.2 vs Chevrolet Beat LT 1.2 vs Hyundai i10 Sportz 1.2 Kappa2 vs Hyundai i20 Era 1.2 BS-IV - CarWale

EDIT: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/100568-april-2011-indian-car-sales-figures.html

EDIT2: Don't dare to buy the cramped old swift now! http://www.carwale.com/upcoming-cars/maruti_suzuki_swift_2011-52.html Though the new one is expected to be cramped at the rear too.

Back