Best Chat App for small teams

kartikoli

Skilled
Recently I was promoted to Project Lead and given a team of 10 people to handle different projects, So I need an app to communicate, Since this is a small team I don't want to request for a paid version. The app is needed mostly for 1-1 and group chats with public/private room access (support for android is needed)

Please share your thoughts, I have used pumble and chanty and both are very slow with almost no notifications on phone. Chanty takes a long time to work even when I use it on browser with 200 mbps connection.

For businesses, paid solutions work well. There's someone to troubleshoot when things don't work. It's a lot of lost productivity of you manage things on your own.

Check the pricing of Slack or MS 365 Business Basic. They're not that expensive. For a team of 11-12 people, MS 365 Business Basic will cost less than 20k a year and give you access to Teams with meetings and video calling, MS Office Apps, 1 TB of cloud storage, etc. I feel like it's totally worth it.

The company have official slack account but we want to keep these newbies away from HQ guys, they ping almost everyone so don't want to upset those people.

@ibose Do you know anyone who has used this previously seems bit technical for the team.
@valar007 Any chance you used there service or someone you know of?
I've used Rocketchat on my previous company and they allow 1k users for free account but we have to create our own server which is too much work for me (Also I have no idea how to do it haha)

For businesses, paid solutions work well. There's someone to troubleshoot when things don't work. It's a lot of lost productivity of you manage things on your own.

Check the pricing of Slack or MS 365 Business Basic. They're not that expensive. For a team of 11-12 people, MS 365 Business Basic will cost less than 20k a year and give you access to Teams with meetings and video calling, MS Office Apps, 1 TB of cloud storage, etc. I feel like it's totally worth it.
For now I am looking for free once else will add them to company official slack channel which I want to avoid specially for first 3 months.

Back