Video Best CRT TV - 29 inch

J

jarman

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a Flat screen 29inch CRT television. Which is the best one out there? My budget is 15 to 25K rupees. Thanks!:)

I have a JVC 29" CRT, and totally satisfied with the performance. If you are in Mumbai, check out Vijay Sales outlets; they have good discounts running on Sundays. Also people swear by Panasonic but the 29" is hard to find.

If you are going to watch cable and occasional movies on DVD, then CRT is a good and affordable option. If your usage is veering towards movies and less of cable then an LCD will make more sense.

Also CRT's are going for great prices nowadays since they are on their way out, and your budget of 15-25 K is actually too high for a CRT but probably less for an LCD. Search for a Sony WEGA 29 if they are still available since Sony has stopped manufacturing CRT's. I had seen one at Vijay Sales some time back going for 18K.

Get a Sony TV. Compare the 4 corners of the screen for clarity and also check the line closely. The vertical tiny lines that you see very closely in the center of the should be approximately same width in the 4 corners also. They should not be wide in the corner and thin the middle of the screen, otherwise you will see burred images on the corners and clear in the middle. Just compare Sony TV with other TV.

Back