Monitors Best deal on a 24" Monitor under 12k?

Hello people,

My name is Shernell from Mumbai. New to to place so please guide me, incase i go wrong anywhere :p

I am planning to buy a 24 inch monitor, my priority being browsing and watching HD movies also if i am able to save some cash plan to upgrade ram to a 1 gb or so(currently using 1gb ram)

Since our friend the Boogie man suggested the G2420 i was really not sure because its a BENQ and the after sales service of BENQ cant be compared to a Samsung(which i believe is Superb)

hence i was wondering if you guys could guide me on my purchase I was really looking forward to purchasing a 24" Samsung HD monitor (dont want the p2350 because its not a full hd)

So could you guide me on the samsung as soon as possible cause i Plan to buy the monitor this weekend..

Hope to receive some suggestions soon

Benq G2420 has got the full 24 inches viewable area diagonally and most 24 inchers have only 23.6" or so. Just bought this one 3-4 days back and loving it. They got 3 yrs on site warranty and many TE members already own one, so I don't think there's anything to worry to go for Benq. Cheers! :hap2:

And yes, Samsung P2350 is a 23" monitor with a full HD resolution.

The benq is your best bet. Costs ~ 11.5 to 12k here and its performance is amazing for its price and it has a 3 year warranty.

The only samsung under 12k is the S2233SW which costs ~ 9k, but its not a 34 incher.

if you prefer the Samsung brand then buy the Samsung P2350. It is a full HD (1920x1080) resolution monitor. I own one and am satisfied with its performance.

BenQ G2420 also has nice reviews and many supporters here. It has an HDMI port which the samsung doesn't have, and its screensize is a little bigger than the samsung monitor.

another option would be the Dell S2409 but it will be slightly above your budget (~ 13/13.5k).

+1 for the G2420. 10.5k is an awesome price indeed! :O

At a point of time, 24inchers were considered a luxury and the cheapest TN panel was the Dell E248WFP retailing for 18k odd, in one of the TE GOs taken up by Shakensoul. Time just flies!

I bought one G2420 recently in Bangalore for 10.5 K. VFM !

Plz mention if the price is with VAT and the source where you got from in Bangalore ! Otherwise it will be of no benefit. 10.5k with VAT is very good price :D

satyanjoy said:
OMG,,full hd at 11k max with 3 yr onsite warranty+hdmp..great yaar.i got my viewsonic19w at 9.5k on 2007:mad:

Anything above 22" is full HD these days and I suppose you get full HD 22 inchers for as low as 8.5k these days.

arun687 said:
Anything above 22" is full HD these days and I suppose you get full HD 22 inchers for as low as 8.5k these days.

very tempting. I don't have HD movie to watch,,but gaming on HD is really exciting for -only if my 4850 can handle it

satyanjoy said:
very tempting. I don't have HD movie to watch,,but gaming on HD is really exciting for -only if my 4850 can handle it

I'm gaming full HD on my 4850. It does handle many of the games in med to high settings with acceptable FPS. Even Gta 4 at med settings runs full HD in my rig with 20-35 FPS.

PS: Sorry for the OT that's going on. :ashamed:

arun687 said:
I'm gaming full HD on my 4850. It does handle many of the games in med to high settings with acceptable FPS. Even Gta 4 at med settings runs full HD in my rig with 20-35 FPS.

PS: Sorry for the OT that's going on. :ashamed:

great..at higher/HD resolution AA is not necessary I think.you also have a better proccy thn me

i have got a benq E2220HD ....and its total value for money with HDMI DVI and 2ms response time best for full HD gaming....SUPERB is the word for it !!!!

you can opt for E series Benq if ya don lik the G series....in 24" !!!!

oh! great its the G2420

Any specific shop in Mumbai(lamington) I should head at to get it cheap?

I called a place(Mcann Infosys) and the guy told me 11k for G2411(which is practically the same) , as some one specified they got it for 10.5k >could you give me the place?

Also Where do i go for the after sales service in mumbai and how is the after sales service???

Last Question: What is this thing of Dead pixels, I read one of our fellow techenclave member complaining about this and it could be replaced in 7 days or so??...

If I do have a problem as such or anyother problem..what can of service I can expect from Benq aftersales service

yeah go for the benq g2420HD nice monitor, brought one from metro computers (SP Road, Bangalore) for 11K including VAT :hap2:

Back