Best game of 2011

Aces170

ex-Mod
Let the fan wars begin.

For me it was Skyrim by a long shot. I had almost given up on gaming as somehow they just did not entice me or engross me as in my school/college days. I was afraid my once main source of entertainment was dying inside me :p

Then comes Skyrim, and the addiction is back. Weekends are completely wasted, while weekdays are spent discussing the game on TE/bro etc..:D

^^
Crysis 2 MP was entertaining.

Arkham City and Skyrim are still pipelined :)

So far, Uncharted 3 is my choice (Co-Op is great fun, too)

For me this was very easy: Battlefield 3.

The only way I judged was the amount of hours I have put in any game this year and its BF3 leading by a long long shot....And I am not disappointed with it at all.

[strike]Batman: Arkham City, closely followed by Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Gears of War 3.[/strike]

You know what? Scratch that. Who am I kidding? It's Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The game was awesome on all counts and got a DLC which lasted another 4 hours. Fantastic story, multiple endings, good combination of stealth and action, excellent voice acting and nice visual art style.

Spacescreamer said:
Definitely NOT Uncharted 3.
Bloody half baked product.. ruined the whole experience
I see what you did there. :p

Now pick a game, before the Drake fans come marching in.

Yeah SP of DX was awesome, also the Music in trailer of Crysis 2 was damn good.. If you remember the trailer of nano suit 2.. Adapt--- Engage---Survive, it gave me goosebumps

It would have been Battlefield 3, then I took an arrow to the knee. :eek:hyeah:

Skyrim by a long shot. I too was in a similar position as Aces, my love for gaming was dying a slow death. Very few games made an impression on me anymore. Where I would have jumped at the opportunity of playing a decent FPS a few years back, now even a brilliant FPS like Battlefield 3 didn't excite me much. And then came Skyrim and my love for gaming returned. :D The fact that I am more than 80 hours into the game, yet to complete the main quest and totally loving it makes this easily the game of the year for me. Infact, it has also earned the right to be in my Top 5 Modern Games.

Its a tie between portal 2 and Batman Arkham City. Portal 2 was pure fun and Batman Arkham City for the story and the side quests. Surprised nobody voted for Portal 2. I am a single player genre fan rather then multi.

Back