Budget 0-20k Best GPU suggestion to pair with i3-10100F?

anony

Recruit
Hello all!
I would like to know the best possible GPU to pair with my Intel Core i3-10100F without bottlenecking. I will be playing games at 1080p.
I'm due for a PSU upgrade since my current one died so there are no PSU wattage restrictions to keep in mind.
Kindly provide your best and VFM suggestions.
Thank you!

Questions

1. What is your budget ?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration ? (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core i3-10100F
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte H410M S2
    • GPU - ASUS GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB GDDR5
    • RAM - XPG Gammix 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
    • Monitor - Gigabyte G24F 2 1080p 165 Hz
    • PSU - Gigabyte P450B 450 Watt 80 PLUS Bronze Certified
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping ? (component name - component brand and model)
    • Everything except GPU and PSU.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • GPU
    • PSU - According to the wattage requirements of the suggested GPU.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, this will be my final configuration.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • All AAA Games released in the past 5 years and upcoming few years.
    • FPS like CS:GO
    • GTA V
    • PUBG
    • COD
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

20k is budget for just GPU or GPU+PSU combined.
There is a deal of rma’d Zotac 3060 12gb in your budget from Mumbai.
Suggested psu wattage would be 550W to 650W.

If you could increase your budget to around 25k, you can get AMD rx 6600. It will do well in 1080p.
But I haven't seen the RX 6600 on sale for 25k anywhere.

A used 3060Ti can be had for ~ 20k. It can easily drive latest games at high settings at 1080p, even 1440p.
Thank you! Yes planning to grab a 3060 or 3060 Ti since I'm going to be working with Deep Learning as well.

Thank you! Yes planning to grab a 3060 or 3060 Ti since I'm going to be working with Deep Learning as well.
If you want performance then 3060Ti is the way to go as the difference is huge in performance. If VRAM matters then go with 3060 since budget doesn't permit. The choice is tough but prioritize according to your needs.

Their are few good resellers here selling 3060ti around 21k and you could get a 3060 under 20k but one thing i will recommend is to change your psu
Bought a Cooler Master MWE V2 so all good on the PSU front now!

If you want performance then 3060Ti is the way to go as the difference is huge in performance. If VRAM matters then go with 3060 since budget doesn't permit. The choice is tough but prioritize according to your needs.
Yes the choice is tough since the extra 4GB VRAM might come in handy while training models using images.
Been pondering over whether to get the 3060 or the Ti version because of this.

Bought a Cooler Master MWE V2 so all good on the PSU front now!

Yes the choice is tough since the extra 4GB VRAM might come in handy while training models using images.
Been pondering over whether to get the 3060 or the Ti version because of this.
If you are going to train models, go for the 3060 since the higher amount of VRAM will be a greater benefit compared to having faster VRAM - since there's no point having fast RAM if you can't fit models in the first.

Back