Graphic Cards Best graphics card within 6K

hot zubs

Disciple
hello guys finally i wanna upgrade my 2yr old 8600GT graphics card (with which i was almost satisfied :p)

MY current config is-
Intel c2d @2Ghz
DG965RY
2GB DDR2 @667Mhz
CM extreme Power 600W
LG 17" LCD (will upgrade to 20" soon)

it wil be used for normal daily gaming and for movies
wil play games like Call Of Duty 4, POP, Assassin's creed, crysis and so on...

Budget is 6k

i'm open for both Nvidia/ATI...

i have heard that Nvidia and ATI are gonna launch some new cards in coming months, should i wait for there release and then buy a card???
will the prices of current cards really drop drastically after the new releases???
will the wait be really worth it???

Thank you...

Nvidia GTS250 is getting released on Monday. But that a $130 card(8k INR). Rumours that AMD's HD67xx is gonna be released mid-October.

This holiday season in US(Nov-Dec-Jan) should see lots of GPU's being released. Nvidia will release the rest of their DX11 4xx lineup and ATI will hit them hard with HD6xxx series

As of now the best card u can get for <6k is the Sapphire HD4770 512MB GDDR5 ~ 5.75k

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Sapphire Radeon HD4770 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card - TheITWares

But as u still just game with a 17" monitor better wait till u upgrade the monitor. Get the GPU after the monitor upgrade.

DarkAngel said:
Nvidia GTS250 is getting released on Monday. But that a $130 card(8k INR). Rumours that AMD's HD67xx is gonna be released mid-October.
This holiday season in US(Nov-Dec-Jan) should see lots of GPU's being released. Nvidia will release the rest of their DX11 4xx lineup and ATI will hit them hard with HD6xxx series

As of now the best card u can get for <6k is the Sapphire HD4770 512MB GDDR5 ~ 5.75k
TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Sapphire Radeon HD4770 512MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card - TheITWares

But as u still just game with a 17" monitor better wait till u upgrade the monitor. Get the GPU after the monitor upgrade.
I was planning to buy HD 5670, how is it compared to 4770...
i'll be upgrading the monitor after 4 months, i have sold my old card and now cant game at-all, so its better to buy a graphics card first...

hot zubs said:
I was planning to buy HD 5670, how is it compared to 4770...

i'll be upgrading the monitor after 4 months, i have sold my old card and now cant game at-all, so its better to buy a graphics card first...
do one thing get a 9600gt and use it till u upgrade ur monitor (4 months) since u have been using 8600gt it will be a huge upgrade for u and for ur current res. it should be enough....and by the time u upgrade ur monitor stock some more cash sell ur 9600gt and get a new card amd's 6 series and nvidia's 450's and lower cards will also be released by then and ofcourse the prices will also drop significantly...

Back