Best Home plan for Downloading

tryst

Disciple
Hi,

I am planning for a broadband connection.My prime requirement will be to download from rapidshare or netload. Whats the best home unlimited plan for my needs. and how much will i be able to download in a day?

Thanks

i'm using Airtel's Home Plan 2222 (1Mbps). Since i'm heavy user and rapidshare downloads in a month can reach 180GB at a constant download speed of 160kbps and upload at around 100kbps.

If budget is not a constraint for you go for this plan but be warned, all ISPs have introduced the FUP (fair usage policy) which puts a limit of 100GB/month on the 1Mbps plan and 50GB/month on the Home Plan 512kbps.

^ BSNL has not put any limits yet... Best plan is 512UL from BSNL... But you will have to deal with pathetic customer care...

go for BSNL Home 500 plan. You will get almost 200kbps d/l speed. 2.5gb of usage per month. Above that you will be charged extra. But from 2am - 8am free download.

It will cost you Rs.500. Get a rapidshare premium account and schedule ur downloads from 2-8 am.

swordfish123 said:
go for BSNL Home 500 plan. You will get almost 200kbps d/l speed. 2.5gb of usage per month. Above that you will be charged extra. But from 2am - 8am free download.

It will cost you Rs.500. Get a rapidshare premium account and schedule ur downloads from 2-8 am.

yes thats the best plan

i used it for 2 years

but now i m on 750 u/l

no night awakening from 2-8 anymore now :p

did enough downloads 2 years

monthly d+u used to exceed 100 gb

and on 750 u/l speed are aound 28-30kbps both d/l and u/l 24 hrs

ratio of 1.1 can be maintained very easliy on this

even on this plan my d+u is around 100 gb

50gb d/l and 50gb u/l

earlier it used to be 70gb d/l and 30gb u/l

u decide which will work best for u

24 hr u/l at around 30kbps

or night 2-8 at 200kbps

i m very happy with the u/l plan

MohitPreet said:
yes thats the best plan

i used it for 2 years

but now i m on 750 u/l

no night awakening from 2-8 anymore now :p

did enough downloads 2 years

monthly d+u used to exceed 100 gb

and on 750 u/l speed are aound 28-30kbps both d/l and u/l 24 hrs

ratio of 1.1 can be maintained very easliy on this

even on this plan my d+u is around 100 gb

50gb d/l and 50gb u/l

earlier it used to be 70gb d/l and 30gb u/l

u decide which will work best for u

24 hr u/l at around 30kbps

or night 2-8 at 200kbps

i m very happy with the u/l plan

You dont have to wakeup at 2am or 8am to restart the modem. You have lots of scripts available, which automatically restarts your modem. I use them. It works fine.

And the OP is planning to d/l from rapidshare. So no 1:1 ratio hassle aswell.

arre i used it for 2 years.

and i know all d scripts for restrting at 2 and auto stop at 8.

do u think i spent 2 years without knowing this :p

used all these tricks

but i m back to this 750u/l

coz i dont download things anymore. happy with this!!

If you are in Kerala, Asianet offers the best plan.

Code:
http://www.asianetdataline.com/package.aspx

The Homenet 950 Plan gives 5GB during the day and from 12 AM to 8 AM its free download at 8mbps. ( The site mentions 2mbps but the speeds are 8mbps ) You can easily download 20+ GB every night :D

I will suggest Home 500 PLAN as already mentioned..........

Its a great plan at such awesome speed.......... You get 210 to 230 Kbps speed on Rapidshare premium account and........ Speeds of about 190 to 200 Kbps on good seeded torrents of the Private Trackers easily.......

No FUP at all.......... Download as much as you want.................

And Morever Speedy connections is charm to browse......

No waiting and delays....Good Ping..........

And as discussed earlier while using Rapidshare you can easily shedule download using download manger like IDM (WHICH IS ACTUALLY BEST)......... And then use scripts to switch the modem on off.....

I myself have doubt with these two things, So will like to clarify here itself: Please help people haa!!!!

1) I dont know whether SCRIPT will work for PPPoE mode OR NOT......

2) Can we schedule Downloads on Torrents......... if yes HOW...CAN YOU GIVE A SMALL arrowwed description please......

If script works for restarting in PPPoE mode....Can somebody provide a link to good script for Windows 7

Thankyou.....

Anyways tryst best of luck for your connection....

varkey said:
If you are in Kerala, Asianet offers the best plan.

Code:
http://www.asianetdataline.com/package.aspx

The Homenet 950 Plan gives 5GB during the day and from 12 AM to 8 AM its free download at 8mbps. ( The site mentions 2mbps but the speeds are 8mbps ) You can easily download 20+ GB every night :D

Oh my god............. Is it really true...........

If yes how is the ping...... And whether the connection is constant enough....
Or there are frequent breakage....

^^ Yep its true. :D :D The upload speed is only 512k but its not a prob for me. :)

The connection is stable for me, once in a while a few minutes of downtime thats all.

Lucky you dude.......... The Speed Ping seems to be kool....I suppose the connection stability is good as well..............

I suppose its a satellite net(like DTH similar to sify but much better).......... And if its hardwired then it must be a direct optical cable coming to you....

However the Upload speed is a catch there........... If using rapidshare premium....its not all an issue...........

But if using Torrrents........... The its a big issue.........with such high download and so low upload speed,.......... You wont be able to maintain a good ratio.........

As of the simple reason..... You wont be able to resist yourself!!!!!!!!...........

^^

^^

Anyways please somebody............. Can you solve out my issue 4 post above,.............

yes the script works in PPPOE. I am using it everyday. And it has worked fine.

Just put the files in C:\RouterRestart and then run Restart.bat. You may have to make some changes in Restart.txt. Just look at it. You may have to change the default gateway address and the username and pass.

Use system scheduler to schedule all the events.

Link for the script

himanshuaieee said:
Lucky you dude.......... The Speed Ping seems to be kool....I suppose the connection stability is good as well..............

I suppose its a satellite net(like DTH similar to sify but much better).......... And if its hardwired then it must be a direct optical cable coming to you....

However the Upload speed is a catch there........... If using rapidshare premium....its not all an issue...........

But if using Torrrents........... The its a big issue.........with such high download and so low upload speed,.......... You wont be able to maintain a good ratio.........

As of the simple reason..... You wont be able to resist yourself!!!!!!!!...........

Its Cable internet using a Cable Modem. I use Rapidshare and sometimes Torrents. Seeding I usually do from my server so upload speed is not that important for me :)

Back