Best method to transfer Symbian S60 contacts to Android

cybertragic

Disciple
A lot of us here seem to be moving from Symbian to the Android platform.

Can we have a thread for the best tips/tricks for moving your contacts/messages/notes etc from Symbian to Android? I have checked online and there seems to be no single definitive method for this.

I have a Nokia E72 and would be soon moving to the Samsung Galaxy Spica I5700. I have many advanced entries in my phonebook such as multiple numbers, notes, address, email etc and would like everything intact after I transfer it.

What methods have the rest of you applied to transfer your data and what was the result?

I just took a VCF export, copied on my Phone SD Card and imported into the phone. Then sync with google mail, and you're done.

I did the same thing. Took a backup from outlook on vcf format and imported into my gmail. started the phone and it was done in 5 minutes.

I have 3120 Classic as my current phone and I already got a Galaxy Spica. Now the thing is when I sync my phone with PC Suite it syncs only 3 contacts out of a truck load of them. I'm outta wits why is this happening and still trying to figure it out since I'm not yet using the phone till it gets updated to 2.1. Any thoughts..

P.S. I'm gonna try and use Oxygen Phone Manager today evening.

Back