Best Mobile Phone - 15k - Requirements Inside

comp@ddict

Skilled
Requirements:

- 3.5" screen (minimum)

- Great battery life, 2G network only usage and talking atleast 2 hours per day, surfing another 2 hours, and listening to music say 2 hours on the phone.
Need minimum 24 hours battery life

- OS Preferences: Android 2.3 phone which will receive ICS update(a must if it's an Android phone, or atleast a phone in the CyanogenMod official support LIST)
: Symbian Belle

- Budget 15k(Strict): Max increase by 700-800 bucks, that's it

- Camera: Require good shots for general day-to-day purpose, auto-focus not a requirement
: 720p video recording (Minimum)

Said phone is gonna be bought month, if there's a price drop on any of the suggested phones by your guys, or a new model launching, maximum stretch possible it till December, but December only.

Yeah 3.5" screen fits my belt perfectly as it's neither too big, nor too small for uncomfortable typing.

But I ask, is there any viable offering from the Android Side within the same prices as the Nokia 701 with similar features (and getting ICS Update)?

I need not only the phone model but a price like DarkAngel gave.

Hmm, nope, I cant pull it, the budget is actually strict 15k, the extra 500-800 comes from my pocket.

Damn, hoping price reduces by December.

If by December, I don't have a decent deal, I'll go ahead with buying a good acoustic guitar(1st priority actually) and postpone Mobile (painful, will have to postpone till JUNE!)

comp@ddict, as you must be aware that Symbian phones have 16:9 screen ratio. So 3.5" is not the same as iPhone's screen. So if you expect iPhone sized screen, you will be disappointed with 701's screen. And 16:9 ratio also makes portrait keyboard a little difficult to use compared to similarly sized iPhone and androids.

divyesh2129 said:
Motorola Fire XT

Err, no

wolvish said:
Got Neo V for one of my friends @ 18000 last week, really impressed. I think 15.7 is a superb deal for it.. Adexmart is a good site right?

I've never heard of this site, to be honest.

RVK2488 said:
comp@ddict, as you must be aware that Symbian phones have 16:9 screen ratio. So 3.5" is not the same as iPhone's screen. So if you expect iPhone sized screen, you will be disappointed with 701's screen. And 16:9 ratio also makes portrait keyboard a little difficult to use compared to similarly sized iPhone and androids.

hmm, yes I was aware of that. thanks

comp@ddict said:
hmm, yes I was aware of that. thanks

Well then aside from the not-the-best-but-better-than-before browser, Belle rocks and 701 is ideal for your requirements!

I have C7 and based on my experience, battery life is great. Music player UI is awesome and sound quality is top notch. 8Mp EDoF camera is great for everyday use sans macros or document scanning. 720p video recording is amazing! I have checked some clips on my 51" TV and they look great! Certainly better than my Focus.

Back